By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The "90' cutscene in MGs4" story is false

Thank you for making this thread, now maybe the other one can die.

Around the Network

Sounds pretty stupid to make a comment about a games cutscenes length and not even take the time to actually time the length of the cutscenes and they are supposed to be a game site.

I hope the 90 min aren´t true but even if it is the game is a must have if you have been playing as long as I have or longer and in some instances even if you played shorter time.

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

Ah, that's good. I love my cut scenes, but 90 minutes is too long. (I'd have watched them anyway though...)

Also: I remember that pic, back when MGS4 was first announced, back before we knew anything else about the game. I guess it was drawn before they decided to make Snake an old man, because he's still got brown hair in it (and an epic beard too).

To everyone asking why this guy doesn't know how long the cut scenes are, clearly he does. You're just placing to much emphasis on the 'to my recollection' part.

DMeisterJ said:

It ain't gonna die. It's taken on a life of its own and has progressed several levels past the 90 minute cutscene bit.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

MrBubbles said:
Zkuq, I will believe the one that sounds like they know what they are talking about over someone who sounds like they havent played the game.

i would have been prepared to believe that the game didnt have such long scenes...if the person was believable. But he doesnt even know how long they were and was guessing that they werent that long. 10, 20, 50 minutes all should all be fairly easy to determine arent 90. so if he isnt sure, that means they have to be at least close to 90. meaning they are still far too long.

and we are suppose to believe someone with a big daddy avatar and has blue ocean along with 18 360 games is looking out for the best intrest of a ps3 game?

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:

This thread is about whether or not there are 90 minute cut scenes in MGS 4.  There has been no definitive answer yet, just a dodgy assertion that there are and a dodgy suggestion that maybe there aren't.

The other thread is about Kojima and is obsolete method of story telling.   

rocketpig said:
DMeisterJ said:

It ain't gonna die. It's taken on a life of its own and has progressed several levels past the 90 minute cutscene bit.

And now it's being talked about in other threads apparently.  ^_^

does it matter? A reviewer already 1 third of MGS4's gametime are cutscenes, which would make around 10 hours of cutscenes throughout the game.

maybe this 90 minute cut scene is **GASP** how long it takes to load the 50gig onto the ps3!

PooperScooper said:
maybe this 90 minute cut scene is **GASP** how long it takes to load the 50gig onto the ps3!

Where are they going to load that 50 gigs? A magical scribing gnome that lives between the Cell and RSX?

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/