By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - MGS4 to have 90 minute long cutscenes?

it just seems like a bad idea, if people get bored they are going to walk away and not want to keep playing

Around the Network

I hate using all caps, but for some reason, this thread is still alive:

PEOPLE.  LET'S NOT START JUDGING THE GAME UNTIL A) A RESPECTED VIDEOGAME SITE OR MAGAZINE REVIEWS IT (IGN OR SOMETHING THE LIKE), AND TELLS US THAT IT HAS NINETY-MINUTE CUTSCENES... I'M MOST CERTAIN, AS WITH MOST THINGS THESE DAYS, THIS IS TAKEN OUT OF CONTEXT, AND SENSATIONALIZED TO DEATH.

LET'S BE CERTAIN THAT THIS IS TRUE BEFORE WE DENOUNCE KOJIMA, SAY WE AREN'T BUYING THE GAME, TALK BAD ABOUT THE SERIES, ETC.  NOW IF THIS IS TRUE, I'M NOBODY TO CHANGE YOUR THOUGHT PROCESS, BUT IF THIS IS FALSE, WHICH IT MOST LIKELY IS, THEN THERE WILL BE A BUNCH OF PEOPLE IN THIS THREAD THAT HAVE DENOUNCED THE SERIES, AND FEEL FOOLISH FOR BELIEVING THIS.  SO ONCE AGAIN, EVERYONE SHOULD HOLD THEIR JUDGMENT UNTIL THE GAME IS OUT, OR MORE THAN ONE SITE CONFIRMS THIS, AS THIS IS THE FIRST WE'VE HEARD ABOUT THIS WITH FOUR REVIEWS OUT NOW, WHICH MEANS THAT THIS STORY COULD BE LACKING CREDIBILITY.

Sorry for all caps and whatnot, but I wanted to make sure that people understood not to jump to conclusions, especially when this story hasn't been corroborated with the other reviews out there, that make no mention of ninety-minute cutscenes.

Who the hell is going to walk away and quit playing instead of just skipping it if they hate the cutscene so much?

DMeisterJ said:

PEOPLE. LET'S NOT START JUDGING THE GAME UNTIL A) A RESPECTED VIDEOGAME SITE OR MAGAZINE REVIEWS IT (IGN OR SOMETHING THE LIKE), AND TELLS US THAT IT HAS NINETY-MINUTE CUTSCENES... I'M MOST CERTAIN, AS WITH MOST THINGS THESE DAYS, THIS IS TAKEN OUT OF CONTEXT, AND SENSATIONALIZED TO DEATH.

LET'S BE CERTAIN THAT THIS IS TRUE BEFORE WE DENOUNCE KOJIMA, SAY WE AREN'T BUYING THE GAME, TALK BAD ABOUT THE SERIES, ETC. NOW IF THIS IS TRUE, I'M NOBODY TO CHANGE YOUR THOUGHT PROCESS, BUT IF THIS IS FALSE, WHICH IT MOST LIKELY IS, THEN THERE WILL BE A BUNCH OF PEOPLE IN THIS THREAD THAT HAVE DENOUNCED THE SERIES, AND FEEL FOOLISH FOR BELIEVING THIS. SO ONCE AGAIN, EVERYONE SHOULD HOLD THEIR JUDGMENT UNTIL THE GAME IS OUT, OR MORE THAN ONE SITE CONFIRMS THIS, AS THIS IS THE FIRST WE'VE HEARD ABOUT THIS WITH FOUR REVIEWS OUT NOW, WHICH MEANS THAT THIS STORY COULD BE LACKING CREDIBILITY.

Sorry for all caps and whatnot, but I wanted to make sure that people understood not to jump to conclusions, especially when this story hasn't been corroborated with the other reviews out there, that make no mention of ninety-minute cutscenes.

Yet you post this rant on this thread and not the numerous other threads regarding MGS4 reviews.

FishyJoe said:
DMeisterJ said:

PEOPLE. LET'S NOT START JUDGING THE GAME UNTIL A) A RESPECTED VIDEOGAME SITE OR MAGAZINE REVIEWS IT (IGN OR SOMETHING THE LIKE), AND TELLS US THAT IT HAS NINETY-MINUTE CUTSCENES... I'M MOST CERTAIN, AS WITH MOST THINGS THESE DAYS, THIS IS TAKEN OUT OF CONTEXT, AND SENSATIONALIZED TO DEATH.

LET'S BE CERTAIN THAT THIS IS TRUE BEFORE WE DENOUNCE KOJIMA, SAY WE AREN'T BUYING THE GAME, TALK BAD ABOUT THE SERIES, ETC. NOW IF THIS IS TRUE, I'M NOBODY TO CHANGE YOUR THOUGHT PROCESS, BUT IF THIS IS FALSE, WHICH IT MOST LIKELY IS, THEN THERE WILL BE A BUNCH OF PEOPLE IN THIS THREAD THAT HAVE DENOUNCED THE SERIES, AND FEEL FOOLISH FOR BELIEVING THIS. SO ONCE AGAIN, EVERYONE SHOULD HOLD THEIR JUDGMENT UNTIL THE GAME IS OUT, OR MORE THAN ONE SITE CONFIRMS THIS, AS THIS IS THE FIRST WE'VE HEARD ABOUT THIS WITH FOUR REVIEWS OUT NOW, WHICH MEANS THAT THIS STORY COULD BE LACKING CREDIBILITY.

Yet you post this rant on this thread and not the numerous other threads regarding MGS4 reviews.

As you can see by the red bold, my clear intention was to kill this thread off earlier, but that didn't work.  

Trust me, I hate duplicate threads of all kind, but no one has been kind enough to make an official MGS4 thread, at least as far as my eyes can tell...  I'd gladly link to that rather than rant.

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:

Just so you know for the future, rants in caps are more annoying to read than regular text and therefore easy to ignore.  If you're telling everyone else what to do though, feel free to keep posting bold, underlined, caps.

Thank god for the disable signatures option.

DMeisterJ said:

Heh, you said "respected videogame site."

Although your point is mostly valid: it's a pretty outlandish claim, so until I hear more about Kojima's cinema debut, it would probably be wise to not act like this is confirmed.

But that wouldn't be fun, now would it?

Am I the only one looking forward to watching these movie like cut scenes?

Every last one of you are bitches. The mgs series is known for having lengthy cut scenes, its what its known for. Why would you think that this one would be any different? If you dont like long cut scenes maybe mgs isnt you series? The only people i see complaining here are people that were aready hard on the game to begin with.

Profcrab said:
If true then shame on Kojima. Maybe he would be better suited to become the next Uwe Boll.
I'm at a loss for words.