By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wii Boxing, I still want closure

i have never lost a match since the day i figured out the control..i love to take apart people that flail about with three or four well placed punches followed by an upper cut.....ahh satisfying

Around the Network
jake_the_fake1 said:
rocketpig said:
I thought it had the worst controls out of all the Wii Sports games and I haven't played it once since I bought another Wii a month ago.

Totally agree with you.

You two sound proud to not be able to figure out a video game?

I don't really get that.

TheGameFather said:
jake_the_fake1 said:
rocketpig said:
I thought it had the worst controls out of all the Wii Sports games and I haven't played it once since I bought another Wii a month ago.

Totally agree with you.

I don't really get that.

what's to figure out?

the whole point of wii sports is to be fun, easy to pick up and understand, and again fun, their should be nothing to figure out.

the wii boxing controls feel slow, unresponsive, and just very sloppy to the point of not being fun at all.

^thats b/c your not very good at them, it just takes control
honestly about as much as golf does

@TheGameFather: Great Vid! You need to embed it so people don't just skip over it.

It registered each of your punches pretty accurately. I noticed that some of them happened a short while after you threw them though. It seems most people flail away in the game, where as you used strategy and patience and it payed off. Good job!

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

Around the Network
mesoteto said:
^thats b/c your not very good at them, it just takes control
honestly about as much as golf does

I'm not good at the game, because the games controls aren't good to begin with.

I mean, why do I have to adapt to bad controls, when the game is suppose to be easy to control and fun to play? 

jake_the_fake1 said:
TheGameFather said:
jake_the_fake1 said:
rocketpig said:

Totally agree with you.

I don't really get that.

what's to figure out?

the whole point of wii sports is to be fun, easy to pick up and understand, and again fun, their should be nothing to figure out.

the wii boxing controls feel slow, unresponsive, and just very sloppy to the point of not being fun at all.

I suppose that would be a good point if you play your games like a casual player... but many many other games require a bit of practice and Wii Boxing does too.

So Wii Boxing is kind of different from the others in terms of what Wii Sports premise is, (easy to get into) but that in no way makes it a bad game.

The controls are none of those things you mentioned (on the bottom line) once you understand how they work (which takes a bit of time)

I have given tutorials on how to throw any punch you want to with around 99% accuracy. Yes there is a little bit of timing, but the truth is that it is mostly about wrist action.

Some people feel it is a mess because they just use thee equivalent of "button mashing" their way through the game. On every occasion that I have explained to someone how to use the mechanics (even over thee internet) of the controls, they have returned much happier with the game and seen a large turn around in control success.

Wii Sports boxing is thee only game that requires a little bit of depth. It succeeds in showing depth but not in explaining it.

The worst sport, in my opinion, is Baseball. How anyone can enjoy it seems impossible for me to understand. How much worse a game could there be? You do not control fielding, true power in hitting, placement, or running of bases. The computer is cheaper than a prostitute working a crack alley, and worst of all, in multiplayer, the game can "cheat" to let the person with the lower score back in the game.

But to the point, five minutes of explanation will change any person that does not enjoy the game into a person that thinks the game is a great example of what the motion based controls are capable of.

01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01001001 01111001 01101111 01101100 01100001 01101000 00100001 00100000 01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01000101 01110100 01100101 01110010 01101110 01101001 01110100 01111001 00100001 00100000

TWRoO said:
jake_the_fake1 said:
TheGameFather said:
jake_the_fake1 said:
rocketpig said:

Totally agree with you.

I don't really get that.

what's to figure out?

I suppose that would be a good point if you play your games like a casual player... but many many other games require a bit of practice and Wii Boxing does too.

So Wii Boxing is kind of different from the others in terms of what Wii Sports premise is, (easy to get into) but that in no way makes it a bad game.

The controls are none of those things you mentioned
(on the bottom line) once you understand how they work (which takes a bit of time)

The controls are everything I mentioned, because that was my expirience with the game, the simple fact was that the game wasn't fun, the controls for me was what made the game no fun at all.

I gave the game a chance, but it honestly didn't grow on me one bit, and honestly why would I evest time to "learn/get used to" the controls when the game isn't deep enough to make the investment worth while, after all I could invest that same time on games like Zelda:tp or Zack and wiki and get more enjoyment out of the, that my though anyways :)

Wow, just watched your video and that was fantastic. I'm going to embed it for the lazies.