By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wii Boxing, I still want closure

Hey VGChartz

Been lurking for a while, was wondering what you guys think about Wii Boxing.  I've gotten into more than a few conversations since it launched trying to deffend the game.  Its a point of contention for me because to me the Wii Boxing design as still one of the best Wiimote designs we've seen.

It took me a while to master but it's pretty much %100 acurate and consistant for me at this point.  What do you guys think about it? 

Edit:  If I could show you a video of the game being played in psudo 1:1 with full motion dodgeing and no misread punches would that mean anything?

Edit2: meh, why am I screwing around... lol, here is ma vid:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Drsjwz4A0M0 check it out and then tell me what you think

Around the Network

I thought it had the worst controls out of all the Wii Sports games and I haven't played it once since I bought another Wii a month ago.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

rocketpig said:
I thought it had the worst controls out of all the Wii Sports games and I haven't played it once since I bought another Wii a month ago.

A lot of people got to that conclusion, a big part of the problem is that no one expected the game to require timing.  Seems a lot of people expected to be able to swing away like crazy but it doesn't really work that way.

Clunky, imprecise, unintuitive. It's medieval compared to the other four games. I've played Wii Sports with many different people, and Boxing is the only one that peopleconsistently have trouble with, and it's always the least-requested.

i didn't find it to be 100% accurate but it work pretty well and i liked the game a lot and its my 3rd favorite game in Wii Sports (Bowling 1st Baseball 2nd i just wish they would allow you to play 9 innings)

Around the Network
Desroko said:
Clunky, imprecise, unintuitive. It's medieval compared to the other four games. I've played Wii Sports with many different people, and Boxing is the only one that peopleconsistently have trouble with, and it's always the least-requested.

It's no where near as easy as the other four sports, that much is true, but it pays off way more than the other sports as well once you figure it out.  Its way deeper than the other sports in terms of strategy and controls.

I pretty much agree with the OP. I've found the Boxing to have great control and it remains my favorite of Wii Sports with Bowling a close second.

I know other people have had problems with the control -- I've played with a few of them -- but I usually don't complain because I win all those matches. ;) 

To me, it wasn't all that satisfying aswell. It was fun, sure but as an amateur boxer I was hoping for better controls. Problems I encountered:

My Mii wasn't fast enough with his hands - in other words, didn't track all my movements despite making "easy" combo's that didn't include double taps.

Dodging was spotty, you could only move to the side, no ducking. And even then it usually wasn't fast enough.

Third, accuracy was hit and miss. Hooks for instance didn't register, no matter how perfect I performed them. Uppercuts, same story. Jabs where the only hits remotely accurate.

The Doctor will see you now  Promoting Lesbianism -->

compared to the other Wii sports games, it sucks. period. Like any motion sensing technology available today, the Wiimote suffers when you have to perform a precise movement, and that is the case with this game. Also, and this could just be me, but it seems that in the multiplayer mode, whoever is player 1 has a much higher chance of beating the other person. I don;t know if this is just something weird with my console, but it annoyed the heck out of me that I couldn't beat the other person if I was player 2. The other Wii sports games were very good though (especially the bowling :P )

Not trying to be a fanboy. Of course, it's hard when you own the best console eve... dang it

I haven't played it in forever, but I did love it and defend it all over the place. Once I found out that downward tilts were jabs and upward tilts were hooks/uppercuts, it was a whole new game, and super easy, and I immediately went pro. Anybody complained about it in my house, I told them that, and then they mastered it too. I think it's great. I can't wait for a full game. I heard that Victorious Boxers ended up sucking though, so that was a shame.