By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - And so it begins, Ellen today, Oprah tomorrow

fkusumot said:
rocketpig said:

Those poor kids never had a chance...

*sigh*

If Nintendo aggressively attacks these daytime shows with Wii Fit, the game has a real chance of exploding in America. Even my wife wants one but I'm hoping she gets distracted in the next two weeks and forgets the stupid thing exists.

Lock her in a room and pipe in Ziggy Stardust. She'll thank you for it later.

Not a bad idea. Maybe taste in music can be forced through osmosis or something.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network
EHSTEVE said:
rocketpig said:
rasone77 said:
I feel really sorry for these two boys:

Ellen,
My boys and I are SO excited for you! We are so glad you and Porsha can finally get married. We come home everyday and watch your show. They are 12 and 10 and I teach, so it is so awesome to look forward to winding down with you and a bowl of Apple Jacks! That is our Happy Hour! If you choose to read this on the air, please give a shout out to Joshua (age 10) and Logan (age 12) as well. They LOVE your show and don't understand why we can't afford to fly all the way to California and come see you.
Nicole Jones
Herndon, VA

Posted by Nicole Jones, Herndon, VA | May 21, 2008 11:03 AM

*sigh*

If Nintendo aggressively attacks these daytime shows with Wii Fit, the game has a real chance of exploding in America. Even my wife wants one but I'm hoping she gets distracted in the next two weeks and forgets the stupid thing exists.

You don't like it either I guess?

It's not that I don't like it, it's more that I don't care about it.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Ellen likes videogames and often uses them on her show.

She's had Guitar Hero 3 on there twice, once she got a 11(or 9?) year old kid to play Dragonforce on expert, the other time she played herself.

So this isn't a surprise.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

rocketpig said:
EHSTEVE said:
rocketpig said:
rasone77 said:

Ellen,
My boys and I are SO excited for you! We are so glad you and Porsha can finally get married. We come home everyday and watch your show. They are 12 and 10 and I teach, so it is so awesome to look forward to winding down with you and a bowl of Apple Jacks! That is our Happy Hour! If you choose to read this on the air, please give a shout out to Joshua (age 10) and Logan (age 12) as well. They LOVE your show and don't understand why we can't afford to fly all the way to California and come see you.
Nicole Jones
Herndon, VA

*sigh*

Yeah, I'm hoping my girlfriend forgets about it. Meanwhile, back to DDR...

Oh, but Ellen is awesome.

Around the Network

EDIT:

Oops wrong thread... but UPS just delivered my ish right now booyah!

Too much Ellen hate. She's an awesome person. Not to mention hilarious. Lucky audience members too.

rocketpig said:
EHSTEVE said:
rocketpig said:
rasone77 said:

Ellen,
Nicole Jones
Herndon, VA

*sigh*

I don't blame you =P I know 7 people with a wii, and i haven't heard a single one talk about wiifit...

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/219291.html

Just watch how the women scream, theres no contest Wii won!

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

Pfft. She'll probably give away MGS4 next month.

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.