By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - *sigh* so it arrived today, and it doesn't work -_-

can i just make one suggestion?

PS3.

Around the Network

@ coolestguyever: He has one.

@ Machina-AX: Can you not return it?

Surely popping down to the nearest bits 'n' bobs shop and buying a plug converter for like £1.50 would be a temp fix.

If you bought it from Play, can you take it back to a local store and exchange it?

TheBigFatJ said:
If you bought it from Play, can you take it back to a local store and exchange it?

Play are an internet-only company. Or, as is my understanding. 

Around the Network

In regards to returns (from Wikipedia):

"Our returns policy is valid for 28 days from receipt of an item."

Because Play.com is not registered in the UK, the Sale of Goods legislation which normally protects customers when faulty goods are supplied does not apply. Customers' rights are therefore restricted to the company's 'returns policy' which is stated above. The company's policy is to accept an unwanted item for 7 days from the receipt of the item provided the package has not been opened. Otherwise they will only accept a return within 30 days if the item is faulty. This is in marked contrast to Amazon.co.uk who allow the Customer to return ANY item within 30 days even if the item is not faulty.

It's only a standard IEC mains cable. Any computer shop can sell you a replacement. Or you can cut the plug off and put a new one on.

Play have now got a really good deal (Premium + GeoW + LO + BD + Crackdown for £240) but if this is how they do it, then I am a bit worried

Here's a cheap replacement:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Belkin-Plug-Power-Cable-1-8m/dp/B0002AER3E/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1211491838&sr=8-7

When I read the title, I knew was a Xbox 360..

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989