By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - *sigh* so it arrived today, and it doesn't work -_-

I have a spare cable if you want one from an xbox 360 that RROD us (for the 3rd time) so we dumpted it.

One cable has 2 holes and one has 3 but both work on our brick which is 2 pronged.

Around the Network

You are really having a sucky time with Play.com.

Anyway why not just get it from Amazon.co.uk for £190. Users who have commented confirm there is an HDMI port for the 20GB one.

Wait a minute, or just ask Play to send you one with the HDMI since its clearly stated on their website that its supposed to be there?

I thought you said the delivery man is coming on Monday? You can finish BioShock in the weekend if you do nothing else :)

Man that sucks. I'm surprised they didn't offer you a discount to keep the one you had. Maybe they are returning them for a refund from their distributer.

Around the Network
Machina-AX said:
EaglesEye379 said:
I thought you said the delivery man is coming on Monday? You can finish BioShock in the weekend if you do nothing else :)

Is Bioshock a short game then? I just got to the point where he tries to kill all the plants and trees. I'll probably play it again when I've finished anyway.

The Farmer's Market is about the game's halfway point.

I played BioShock the first time through on normal and it was about 20 hours. Took my time, explored all of Rapture and didn't rush. Last night I finished it on hard with vita-chambers off to get the 'Brass Balls' achievement and it took 15 hours. Missed the 'Historian' achievement the first play through so I had to be certain I found all the audios this time around. The game can definitely be rushed and beaten in 10 hours.

Dam I am worried about getting my console from play, but their £240 bundle of premium + LO, BD, Crackdown and gears is too enticing (even if I will sell Crackdown and BD and get AC 6 and ME instead)

Play do have some decent deals, I think they are selling ME for £25, which if you are intersted in that game, is a great deall

Machina-AX said:
eNamrah said:
Machina-AX said:
EaglesEye379 said:

Is Bioshock a short game then? I just got to the point where he tries to kill all the plants and trees. I'll probably play it again when I've finished anyway.

The Farmer's Market is about the game's halfway point.

I played BioShock the first time through on normal and it was about 20 hours. Took my time, explored all of Rapture and didn't rush. Last night I finished it on hard with vita-chambers off to get the 'Brass Balls' achievement and it took 15 hours. Missed the 'Historian' achievement the first play through so I had to be certain I found all the audios this time around. The game can definitely be rushed and beaten in 10 hours.

Thanks for that reply. I'm playing it through in normal and will then do hard. In hard mode with vita-chambers off what happens if you die? Do you just go back to the last point you saved?

Yeah, load the last save point. I just kept saving after completing every room. Surprisingly on hard w/ vita-chambers off you don't die too much. At least not from Splicers, they're a bit faster and stonger but still fairly easy if you don't rush into every room. Big Daddies, on the other hand, are a bit of a pain on the first few levels. They'll take some strategy to kill, as I died a lot, but are cake once you get the security bulls-eye plasmid or chemical thrower with electric gel.  

After my first 360 RRod and then I got it back with a dis functional DVD drive I just refused to buy another; I always have preferred the PS3 but I had the 360 for gears/bishock/ME and NG 2 for the future(not anymore at least) but the asstastic system is not worth the trouble. Seriously though, I can't fork over 300$ for something I know has a ridiculously high chance of failing.

@Machina

Hasnt your Amazon one arrived yet?