By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - FPS: Inverted or Normal?

ssj12 said:
so I am the only one who can play both ways and not care? would have expected there to be more.

No you are not the only one I am with you on this one. Whatever the game is set on I play with and either doesn´t bother me need about 20-30 min to get used to it sometimes but after that I am set.

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

Around the Network

Inverted is the way to go on consoles.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

the only time i play inverted is flying, anything else needs to be up is up and down is down

Inverted, usually. It just feels so awkward for me to have it set to normal while playing FPS games with a control stick.

..But the Wiimote beats both. :p

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Inverted! For the life of me, I simply can't go Normal.

Around the Network

Sorry for my english... not my primary language...

This is the only explanation I can give right now why I play inverted.

Imagine a Seesaw: now, just think that the seesaw in the pic is the weapon in the game. The part with the big sphere of the seesaw is the part that you see on the tv screen.

And the part with the little sphere is the right analog stick. If you move it down, the big sphere will go up, and if I move the analog up, the big sphere will go down.

Normal for me. Honestly, for the life of me I cannot understand inverted. Why would you point downward if you want to aim upward? Whenever my friend and I take turns playing a game (like GTA) I always get screwed up for a minute on my turn cuz he switched the controls.

The only place I can use it is in flight games, because in a cockpit you actually DO push forward on the throttle to point the nose downwards, and vice versa.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Last gen - Invert
This gen - Wii-mote
PC - Normal.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Inverted or the game is unplayable

Yes

Inverted. Only.