By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - X360 reaches 19 million sold worldwide!

With the regional sales numbers for last week which we just got for EU/others and will get for NA in a few hours or so, we'll see that the Xbox 360 has passed 19 million consoles sold world wide.

Despite only 2.5 years on the market, the X360 already has an installed base less than 5 million short of the original Xbox. The 360 has sold around 25% faster than it's predecessor since launch, but has an even stronger momentum - comparing Jan-May 2004 for Xbox with Jan-May 2008 for X360, the X360 is actually selling 73% more units per week!

EDIT (29 May): after the data adjustments made in the last days on VGC for the X360, the number is only 65%. Bear in mind though that the year of comparison, 2004, was the Xbox' best selling year with 6.8 million units sold.

This is truly a remarkable achievement, especially considering that the X360 today costs $349 in North America, compared to Xbox which cost only $149 at the same point in time.

The X360 is indeed alive and well.

Around the Network

Americas data will probably be tommorow actually...

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

nice post mate!!! and it is alive despite its failure issues

Will there really be a loser this generation?

Financially, is MS selling consoles at a profit yet or are they still taking a loss?

I know they have a great attach rate, so that must help a lot.

Now Playing: Pikmin, Super Mario Galaxy 2

They've been selling at a profit for quite a while. It had been on the market for a long time with few price drops.

Around the Network

Yeah, Microsoft's doing much better now than before. They are profiting, and have expanded into new people, myself included. They have done particularly well in America.

This week will also see the Wii hit 26m so at the end of this week it will be around these numbers:

Wii - 26.42m
X360 - 19.07m
PS3 - 12.82m

FaRmLaNd said:
They've been selling at a profit for quite a while. It had been on the market for a long time with few price drops.
 I know the division has turned a profit the last few quarters but I wasn't sure if the console itself was finally selling at a break even or profit point.

Now Playing: Pikmin, Super Mario Galaxy 2

MS can't be making much profit on the 360 at this point. Last quarter they only managed to make $80 million.

@whatever

but this quarter they had gta 4 and will have ninja gaiden 2 launch to bring in some large profit and im pretty sure 500 million was spent last quarter to by some cell phone studio that made the sidekick