By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I dunno about most, but it wouldnt really be worth the hastle unless i can game, listen to music and talk for a combined 12 hours on a battery charge.....i have an ipod, music check, i have a cell phone, talking check.

Im all for convenience, but lets be real, the iphone will over crappy halfassed games, wont last long enough to listen to music AND use it as a cell phone on a regular basis AND is ging to cost 500 bucks.......ill pass. 

Around the Network
DonWii said:
I dont even think people are going to pay $500 for a phone.

They will cause people are ridiculous and sheepish. They complain and bitch about a freakin Blu Ray player and console at 600 bucks they will pay that price for a freakin' ipod phone.....

Why? cause it's the trendy thing to do and it has the name apple on it. No one who complains about the PS3 price and then buys a 500 dollar phone deserves anything but to be mocked severely. 

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Why the iPhone won't replace the PSP:

1. You think a $170 PSP is overpriced? The iPone is $500/$600. Just like the PS3, you're not going to see these flying off the shelves that fast.

2. Apple is currently keeping the iPhone 'locked' from third party developers similar to the iPod. You don't see that many games selling on that either.

3. The iPhone isn't being positioned as a gaming device. And in all honestly it isn't one. It's a slick looking phone with music and video capabilities.

Gosh darn it, stop making me argue for Sony!

Numbers are like people. Torture them enough and you can get them to say anything you want.

VGChartz Resident Thread Killer

Didn't they said that about the N-gage to?

Look where itis now it was a failure..

Kwaad said: I knew about it almost a year ago. 

LMAO 

You knew about the rumors, like everyone else.....

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

Around the Network
ckmlb said:
DonWii said:

They will cause people are ridiculous and sheepish. They complain and bitch about a freakin Blu Ray player and console at 600 bucks they will pay that price for a freakin' ipod phone.....

Why? cause it's the trendy thing to do and it has the name apple on it. No one who complains about the PS3 price and then buys a 500 dollar phone deserves anything but to be mocked severely.

no shiet ehh.

$500 for something that will be obsolete by a newer iphone in less then a year.

did the nokia game thing hurt PSP lol, but magicly the iphone will lol. 

DonWii said:

They'll never pay $600 for a console either, unless they are one of 3.3mil :p

Some people will buy anything, idiots.....

EDIT: I mean the people buying the phone LOL..... (If I can't make fun of myself, how in the hell am I supposed to make fun of everyone else?)

I don't think I will agree with you here...

sieanr said:
Kwaad said: I knew about it almost a year ago.

LMAO

You knew about the rumors, like everyone else.....

I dont rember where I read it, or saw it, but nearly a year ago, I knew about the i-phone coming out with a button-less full screen cell-phone, called the i-phone. I didnt know what features it was gonna have. I never really gave a crap. But this does NOT suprise me in the LEAST bit with what is on it. I knew about it a year ago, and I still dont care about it.

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

Like I said, cell phones are fashion statements. So people can 'justify' spending 500 dollars on the hot new phone but not a gaming system, because they can't honestly swagger around, pulling their PS3 out of their pocket. 'Hold on, I gotta take this, it's a challenge to Motorstorm...'

Not all cell phones, mind you, there's a lot of business applications too. But the popular cell phone market is driven by fashion, hence why you see all kinds of Razr, Chocolate, Helio, etc. commercials.