By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
ckmlb said:
The iphone was shown ages ago, how does that effect the PSP as a gaming machine? You think this thing can play PSP level games?

Good question, what are the specs?

graphics etc etc and does it download high res games/cd games? ds type cartridge?

Around the Network

"iPhone would sooner replace DS than PSP, because iPhone is touch sensitive and DS/DS-like games/emulation requires less CPU."

i know! since the ds has a weaker cpu and is only out selling the psp by 20 milly.

i had a psp, but sold it 3-4 months after i got it.

"nice troll post."

sound the alarm!

"it is going to cost something like 500$ *WITH* contract. Sounds like a steal for me."

im getting it day 1. no doubt about it. and it is a steal considering all it can do.

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

dpmnymkrprez said:
Nice post/pics, I can't believe people think apple couldnt be a force to be reconed with if they got into games

I have to call that. You can't prove it's impossible, which is what "could" implies, in that context. And claiming it's not likely is iffy too, since Sony couldn't possibly "be a force to be reconed with" when it was developing the PS1.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

ckmlb said:
I also love how this is posted in the SONY forums.............

troll much?

well duhh its shams.

DonWii said:
I dont even think people are going to pay $500 for a phone.

http://www.tgdaily.com/content/view/32285/145/

Apparently some guy paid 800 bucks via eBay. Who knows how this thing will sell, but if there's one thing going for it, it's the Apple brand. 

Around the Network
Kwaad said:
ampillion said:
Cell phones are NOT gaming platforms.

The majority of people that buy up these 'hot new' cell phones, aren't doing it because it can play cool games, it's because it's some expensive fashion statement. Something they can whip out and look all cool because they spent 500+ on a phone that... allows you to talk to people. Sure, it's bound to have some cool features, a touch screen, music playing is all well and good, but saying an iPhone can compete with a game system is like saying it can compete with a Canon camera because it can take photos too.

Idunno, the new sony ericsson phones rival canon point-and-shoot cameras... :P

Too bad I'm leaving the Cingular network... so no more sony ericsson phones for me. :((

I'm not stating it as some brand war. I'm stating it as the difference between buying a cellphone, and buying a camera. 

For 500 dollars, If I buy a camera, I (should if I shop properly) end up with a better camera than any cellphone at the same price should be capable of. It's a device dedicated to taking said pictures, therefor it should be better at doing it. Every component within said camera is making it a better camera, whereas a cellphone is not.

People buying an iPhone are not buying it for it's gaming ability or music playing, but because it's a phone. And like I stated, most cell phone purchases are based on either business needs, or sheer fashion statements. 

weezy said:

"it is going to cost something like 500$ *WITH* contract. Sounds like a steal for me."

im getting it day 1. no doubt about it. and it is a steal considering all it can do.

a gimmmick phone for $500 is a steal, yet a PS3 fo $600 is overpriced.

LMAO you people are a freaking joke.

I googled iphone games, this is what i got back!

EA talking to Apple about iPhone games at Pocket Picks

The article quotes Mitch Lasky, senior vice-president of EA Mobile, as saying, “We have been talking to Apple about games on [the iPhone]… ...
www.pocketpicks.co.uk/latest/index.php/2007/02/10/ea-talking-to-apple-about-iphone-games/ - 53k - Cached - Similar pages

Namco working on iPhone games at Pocket Picks

At this time, there hasn’t been too much information in terms of games… If the opportunity is there, we will put our games on the iPhone. It’s our mission.” ...
www.pocketpicks.co.uk/latest/index.php/2007/03/02/namco-working-on-iphone-games/ - 51k - Jun 3, 2007 - Cached - Similar pages

3rd Party iPhone Games On The Way :: iPod Hacks :: The Latest and ...

The Latest and Greatest News and Info for Your iPod.
www.ipodhacks.com/article.php?sid=2132 - 27k - Cached - Similar pages

Apple iPhone Games Review

EA has also been said to be in discussion for upcoming iPhone games as well. Apple isn't a strong player on mobile games market, and partnership with ...
www.iphogames.com/ - 47k - Cached - Similar pages

ampillion said:

The majority of people that buy up these 'hot new' cell phones, aren't doing it because it can play cool games, it's because it's some expensive fashion statement. Something they can whip out and look all cool because they spent 500+ on a phone that... allows you to talk to people. Sure, it's bound to have some cool features, a touch screen, music playing is all well and good, but saying an iPhone can compete with a game system is like saying it can compete with a Canon camera because it can take photos too.

Exactly, god I absolutely %@^&#$&@&%$@%^#^ hate cell phones. Especially with all that crap on there, it's just a damn phone, why don't they focus on making that feature reliable "I guess I'll play so downgraded crap since I never get a signal" I have a cell that's been sitting on my bookshelf for about 4 mos now and I WILL NOT use it. Me and Stephen King, "viva la revolucion" ;)

ampillion said:

QFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!