By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official haze review topic.

TheBigFatJ said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@rocketpig

oh...but wasn't Ninja Bread man 2 coming out this year??

Yeah, and don't you remember all of the Wii fans proclaiming that Ninjabread Man may be the first 9/10 exclusive for the Wii?

Oh, wait, Wii owners already have lots of 9/10 exclusives. Sorry, my bad. It's PS3-only owners who have zero and were counting on this game to be huge.

yeah, man, ps3 really needed this game...nothing coming out next month

Around the Network
TheBigFatJ said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@rocketpig

oh...but wasn't Ninja Bread man 2 coming out this year??

Yeah, and don't you remember all of the Wii fans proclaiming that Ninjabread Man may be the first 9/10 exclusive for the Wii?

Oh, wait, Wii owners already have lots of 9/10 exclusives. Sorry, my bad. It's PS3-only owners who have zero and were counting on this game to be huge.

Your post would actually have substance if you can post or quote PS3 owners expecting haze to be a 9/10 game, much less count on it becoming "huge". 

I see my Official haze review topic is going in the usual direction again.

To get this back on topic again, how much will haze sell?

PSN name: Gazz1979 (feel free to add me, but please put your Vgchartz name in the message!)

Battlefield 2: Gazz1979

i started another thread but forgot its already in discussion.

i think the 2 reviews below show me they(ign) have dumbed down the haze review, imo haze is a brillaint game that features great visuals, great sound, and great gameplay i would hover amoungst the 8-8.5 ish mark going off the demo.

gameplay is fast and frantic with good features and a full 4 player co-op, split screen and online multiplayer, plus it runs very very smooth.

whats your opinion ONLY and ONLY to the users who have played the demo?

IGN Ratings for Haze (PS3)
RatingDescription
out of 10click here for ratings guide
4.5Presentation
A bland story with weak characters and simplistic commentaries on serious topics, Haze is a generic tale at best about war.
4.0Graphics
Tons of visual issues abound within the game, from texture tears and non-descript environments to pop-in and odd animation problems.
5.0Sound
Dialogue is hokey and repetitive regardless of what side you're on. Sound effects are good, but that's not enough to make you turn the volume up once you've hit mute.
4.5Gameplay
A creative concept hampered by gimmicks, a weak story and poor AI, Haze is a disappointment from a developer well versed in shooter mechanics.
4.5Lasting Appeal
Two player split-screen and four player co-op helps put a minor spin on the campaign, but it won't extend the replayability of the game much. Nor will multiplayer modes and its useless merit system.
Poor

OVERALL
(out of 10 / not an average)

IGN Ratings for The History Channel: Battle For the Pacific (PS3)
RatingDescription
out of 10click here for ratings guide
5.5Presentation
Cutscenes are few in number and are executed with little elegance. Nothing terribly exciting to mention here.
6.0Graphics
It looks okay, but the framerate suffers.
6.5Sound
The music was fairly impressive, but the voice acting is not only substandard but annoyingly repetitious.
4.5Gameplay
Everything technically works, but just barely. It's not fun.
2.5Lasting Appeal
A two hour game. Ouch.
Poor
OVERALL
(out of 10 / not an average)

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

are the reviewers the same?

Around the Network

Even though I don't have a PS3 yet, I was hoping this would be good. I am a big fan of Free Radical. Maybe they should try not to make a "Halo killer" and stick to what they do best. I'm sure TimeSpliiters 4 will be great.

WiiU Network ID:  the_Ultros

PSN: Anthaleigh

Xbxox Live:  campblood1980

Gamespot review is up too, they gave it a 6.0
http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/haze/review.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=gssummary&tag=summary;review

couldn't resist

anyone else find it bizarre that Turning Point: Fall of Liberty somehow scored higher (5.0 vs 4.5 for haze)? I played some of TP and it was a trainwreck of a game.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

So yes, gamespot gave it a 6, called it 'madly inconsistent' which will probably turn out to be fair enough. 6 is a very decent score.

Its baffling why IGN absolutely slammed this game

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

I was afraid of this with Haze... To be fair to PS3 "only" fanboys, Splinter Cell Conviction seems to be following much the same path... Ubisoft is not exactly lighting things up this year yet.

Back (more) on topic...

I doubt the game will do 500,000 if these reviews keep up... The reviews seem like they were well thought out... I can see a lot of pre-orders being cancelled now.