By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Kingdom Hearts 3, Dragon Quest X, Final Fantasy XIV

ResiRiley said:
First of all NAzNips STOP TROLLING ALL MY POSTS. It's getting kinda rediculous.
Just cause Sony may or may not have said they are going to build FF13 for ten years doesn't mean they won't make another game in the main series. Again look how many FF games they have pumped out last gen and then ask yourself with Square new idea of not supporting just one platform (i.e. Sony) what kinda business sense would it make for them to not make any other FF games for any other platform.

Give me a link where Square says they WILL NOT BE MAKING ANY OTHER FF GAME OTHER THAN GAMES CENTERING AROUND 13........ U can't

Soriku
Of course Sony would say they don't buy exlcusives. Understand the context of that statement though cause I can vaguely recall one of the exec making that statement. It was an obvious shot at M$ for paying millions for some exclusive content for GTA4. The Big 3 all offer developers "INCENTIVES" to bring there games to their respective consoles. All is fair in Love and business. Don't be naive to believe other wise.

Leo
How did Sony EARN exclusitivity for FF13. There consoles are all collecting dust in stores. Goes right back to those "INCENTIVES"

If sony were to be buying exclusives you wouldnt see assasins creed, or dmc4, or even gta 4 headed to another console.

mM
Around the Network

Its still 3 FF's last gen. FFX, FFXI and FFXII. And I see the Fabula Novalis project to be like compilation of FFVII, it will not impair progress on future FF games.

@outlawauron: Sony does NOT BUY EXCLUSIVES. They have publicly said this. As for "earning" FF that's ridiculous. Nintendo could be said to have earned it, by 1-6 enjoying success on their consoles. But Square still made a switch. Sony's earnings for past games=success and console pushing of past games, not future games if their system (ps3) sales are doubtful.

None of us knows what goes on inside the board room or have no idea about what deals who is cutting with who, so this is a pointless arguement and still doesn't change my opinion about the Big 3 and buying exclusivity.

Do you know what was going on behind the scenes when Rare was bought by M$ even though Rare was know for it's Nintendo classics

OR

When Nintendo bought 85% of Monolith Soft, the maker of games like Baten Kaitos and Xenosaga.

If you want the games on your system that they are making and you feel that they may not keep em exclusive to you, why not buy them if you have the money.

Again, I have no proof of what made them make whatever decisions that they made. It is just MY OPINION.

Silversen said:
Its still 3 FF's last gen. FFX, FFXI and FFXII. And I see the Fabula Novalis project to be like compilation of FFVII, it will not impair progress on future FF games.

@outlawauron: Sony does NOT BUY EXCLUSIVES. They have publicly said this. As for "earning" FF that's ridiculous. Nintendo could be said to have earned it, by 1-6 enjoying success on their consoles. But Square still made a switch. Sony's earnings for past games=success and console pushing of past games, not future games if their system (ps3) sales are doubtful.

FFXI was not developed by the creators of the FF series, so I don't see why that should even be counted. I guess Square Enix could just make a bunch of development studios, one for each upcomming FF game...

Edit:  Sony does in fact subsidize development and advertising of games for their consoles.  Case in Point: They sent their own engineers to epic to optimize the unreal engine on the PS3 to make development cheaper.  Sony's press release about not "buying exclusives" was stupid.  Of course they don't pay for exclusives, but they do pay for development and advertising.  They have done this since the PSone, and Microsoft does it constantly as well.  This habit contributes to their massive budget deficits.  Nintendo does it occaissionally as well but can't afford to do it as often as the others, because Nintendo doesn't have a multi-billion dollar parent company to milk for all it's worth.

I think the main FF games will be Sony only and that there will be years between the games ie ff13 then 5 yrs later ff14.

I think during that time will be spin off like we are seeing now. I hope even a remake of older games like ff7, ff8 etc. Maybe another movie as well. I think other games that are apart of the FF name like FFCC will remain on the Nintendo system.

I think Square will start new franchises on all consoles. But the Main FF, KH will be exclusive to playstation. So in essence all consoles will have a little of Square.

They have demonstrated this over last gen. Some games for PS (ff7-ff12), some for GC FFCC, Tactics) and 1 for 360 (FF11- which is only used for the xbox live, is on ps2 and pc).

Unleash The Beast!  

End of 2011 Sales: Wii = 90mil, 360 = 61mil, PS3= 60mil

Around the Network
finalsquall said:
I think the main FF games will be Sony only and that there will be years between the games ie ff13 then 5 yrs later ff14.

I think during that time will be spin off like we are seeing now. I hope even a remake of older games like ff7, ff8 etc. Maybe another movie as well. I think other games that are apart of the FF name like FFCC will remain on the Nintendo system.

I think Square will start new franchises on all consoles. But the Main FF, KH will be exclusive to playstation. So in essence all consoles will have a little of Square.

They have demonstrated this over last gen. Some games for PS (ff7-ff12), some for GC FFCC, Tactics) and 1 for 360 (FF11- which is only used for the xbox live, is on ps2 and pc).

I think you are assuming a lot about Square as a company.  Square spent 2 generations only making games on Nintendo consoles, 1 only making games on Sony consoles (the PSone), and one with spinoffs on other consoles but only main franchises on Sony consoles (PS2).  However, already the second largest of those 3 main franchises (Dragon Quest) has moved completely from Sony consoles onto Nintendo consoles.  KH hasn't been shown, but there is certainly enough history of moving games in Square Enix for there to be a solid chance of KH moving to a new console.

KH3- Wii(DS will get a spinoff) Basically NIntendo platform exclusive
DQX- DS( Wii may possibly also get this game but that's undetermined right now)
FFXIV- PS3 and Wii(really this is the hardest call but Square has stated they support the console with the largest install base and by this time it will be Wii so I think it'll hit both)

FFIV - PS3 Square always tries to make the FF games the best looking ones

KH3 - Wii or PS3, can't decide

DQX - If they go back to consoles, Wii and PS3 I actually think SE might break tradition and bring out DQ on two different consoles, Wii with watered down graphics and PS3 with enhanced graphics. If only one console Wii.

FilaBrasileiro said:
FFIV - PS3 Square always tries to make the FF games the best looking ones

KH3 - Wii or PS3, can't decide

DQX - If they go back to consoles, Wii and PS3 I actually think SE might break tradition and bring out DQ on two different consoles, Wii with watered down graphics and PS3 with enhanced graphics. If only one console Wii.

I agree with everything up to DQ, then you lose me.  Enhanced graphics?  DQ is a cartoon game.  There is no purpose in spending 3X as much on development costs to make a game that will look nearly identical.  I think DQ has permanently made the move to the Wii and DS for this generation.  They seem to be the only platforms getting any DQ games.

If sony were to be buying exclusives you wouldnt see assasins creed, or dmc4, or even gta 4 headed to another console.

- Actually you would as currently both Nintendo and MS are making larger profits than Sony. MS has the deepest pockets of the three.