By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Kingdom Hearts 3, Dragon Quest X, Final Fantasy XIV

Also, Leo-J don't expect the DQ franchise to make any more appearances on Sony systems this generation. Every DQ game (spin-off and main series) since VIII on the PS2 has been on a Nintendo system.

Around the Network

Plus Square has already said that the DS is their system of choice when it comes to Dragon Quest.

KH3 will probably stay with the PS3 cause Sony will try to buy it 's exclusitivity, but don't count out a Chain of Memories type spin off to appear on either Wii or DS.

FF 14 will absolutely happen this gen. How many Final Fantasy's did Square spin off this gen in total. ( FF10, FF10-2, FF11- FF12, FF:CC, plus all the DS and GBA remakes)
It is insane to think they will only make one this gen when the franchise is valuable to both Square and the platforms in which the games are launched on.

Soriku said:
^ I hope we can say the same with KH :D

!!!!!

mM
ResiRiley said:
Plus Square has already said that the DS is their system of choice when it comes to Dragon Quest.

KH3 will probably stay with the PS3 cause Sony will try to buy it 's exclusitivity, but don't count out a Chain of Memories type spin off to appear on either Wii or DS.

FF 14 will absolutely happen this gen. How many Final Fantasy's did Square spin off this gen in total. ( FF10, FF10-2, FF11- FF12, FF:CC, plus all the DS and GBA remakes)
It is insane to think they will only make one this gen when the franchise is valuable to both Square and the platforms in which the games are launched on.

Square themselves claim they are going to build off the XIII universe for 10 years (which i'm sure is just as true as the PS3's 10 year life cycle), but it does show that they don't have any intention of making a new primary FF game this generation.

Soriku said:
ResiRiley said:

Sorry, Sony said a while ago they don't buy exclusivity.

!!!!!!!!!................No they earn it

mM
Around the Network

First of all NAzNips STOP TROLLING ALL MY POSTS. It's getting kinda rediculous.
Just cause Sony may or may not have said they are going to build FF13 for ten years doesn't mean they won't make another game in the main series. Again look how many FF games they have pumped out last gen and then ask yourself with Square new idea of not supporting just one platform (i.e. Sony) what kinda business sense would it make for them to not make any other FF games for any other platform.

Give me a link where Square says they WILL NOT BE MAKING ANY OTHER FF GAME OTHER THAN GAMES CENTERING AROUND 13........ U can't

Soriku
Of course Sony would say they don't buy exlcusives. Understand the context of that statement though cause I can vaguely recall one of the exec making that statement. It was an obvious shot at M$ for paying millions for some exclusive content for GTA4. The Big 3 all offer developers "INCENTIVES" to bring there games to their respective consoles. All is fair in Love and business. Don't be naive to believe other wise.

Leo
How did Sony EARN exclusitivity for FF13. There consoles are all collecting dust in stores. Goes right back to those "INCENTIVES"

ResiRiley said:
Just cause Sony may or may not have said they are going to build FF13 for ten years doesn't mean they won't make another game in the main series. Again look how many FF games they have pumped out last gen and then ask yourself with Square new idea of not supporting just one platform (i.e. Sony) what kinda business sense would it make for them to not make any other FF games for any other platform.

Give me a link where Square says they WILL NOT BE MAKING ANY OTHER FF GAME OTHER THAN GAMES CENTERING AROUND 13........ U can't

Soriku
Of course Sony would say they don't buy exlcusives. Understand the context of that statement though cause I can vaguely recall one of the exec making that statement. It was an obvious shot at M$ for paying millions for some exclusive content for GTA4. The Big 3 all offer developers "INCENTIVES" to bring there games to their respective consoles. All is fair in Love and business. Don't be naive to believe other wise.

Leo
How did Sony EARN exclusitivity for FF13. There consoles are all collecting dust in stores. Goes right back to those "INCENTIVES"

Sony earned this game based bringing Final Fantasy to a great success on the Playstation and Playstation 2 platforms.

And buying exclusives and assisting with development are different things. Helping devs with costs of a high game is common. Ex. Lair, WKS, Bioshock, etc.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

ResiRiley said:

Soriku

Leo

Sony had nothing to do with that statement by Square Enix.  Here is exctly what they said though:

"we can expect to sucked into the [Fabula Nova Crystallis FFXIII] world for 10 years."

Of course, this doesn't mean for sure that there won't be an FFXIV this generation, but it does seem unlikely considering XIII isn't due for release until holiday 2008.  Square managed to make 2 FF games on the PS2 in 6 years, but one of them was released in the first year and the PS2 is signifficantly easier to develop for.  If it's not released till December 2008 in Japan it probably won't make it to America until October 2009 (and maybe not until December).  It seems like it would be tough to make another full game if they intended to spend 10 years of development on the FFXIII universe.  They grouped the universe into the name Fabula Nova Crystallis.  It seems likely we will see things like FFXIII-2 before we see FFXIV.

Soriku said:
^ 3 FFs, not 2:

FF X, FF X-2, FF XII.

I was talking about in the primary series.  X-2 is a spinoff just as surely as Revenant Wings is a spinoff.  I expect plenty of spin-offs this gen of FF, just only one major title.

KH3 will probably stay on the Playstation for now, but i wouldnt be surprised if they either ported the older 2 tot he Wii, or made some spin off, KH would have a very good home on the wii so i expect it in some form.

I dont think a straight FF game will go anywhere but on the PS3. Square are perfectionists and they will squeeze every drop of power from the PS3 with their next FF game, even if a 360 port was possible, theres no reason to justify the resourses.

Spin offs are another matter, I also wouldnt be surprised if older FF games got a revised version for the 360 or Wii, Theres a huge market on the Wii that have never played a FF game. An action based game would probably work much better on them both.