By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Kingdom Hearts 3, Dragon Quest X, Final Fantasy XIV

but would you serious buy a next gen game with last gen grafics? i dont think that SE want to hold back a games potential like that. i think that they will be more inclined to create a new game for the wii, so they dont change the user base of the already tried game. creating a game that was made for the wii's control system is one thing, but to uproot a game that has a perfectly fine overall setup and re-invent the game (so to speak) i think would be dumb on their part. besides porting games that already have a user base on one console to another usually doesn't go to well.

Sorry, saw this post to late. Yeah, changing all of their franchises from SNES to PS1 was one of Square dumbest ideas, it wen´t terrible! Seriously, if you want sales, you go to the best selling consoles. Fans of the serie will follow you, specially if the console isn´t that expensive.

Around the Network
cgnobody said:
Darkness said:
Honestly dude, yeah there have been some multi-platform releases, but those are based on the movies/tv francises. Whereas KH is a game that requires a console that, in the past two consoles, have greatly supported RPGs. Eventhough Nintendo and Square have resolved their differences from the past, they still don't get the playstation success title i.e. current FFs and KH. Squares RPGs have been successful on the playstation and they will remain to be successful. Like i siad, i wouldn't count out a spinoff. But to believe that a game like KH ( a game that supports a generous amount of gameplay, cut sequences, and the much needed space to carry all the great voiceovers) could be made possible on the Wii, is kind of streching it. Granted they have the userbase but i dont think that the wii has the power or disc compassity to run a FULL length KH. i mean cummon they could even make Link talk for LoZ:TP. As the matter of fact we dont know what most the nintendo characters voices sound like (other than the various grunts, sighs, and laughs we get to hear in the multitude of speech retardant games they have)

I hate to tell you this, but the PS2 has the same disc space as the Wii as the 360. They all use DVDs. The reason why Link doesn't talk is because Nintendo didn't want him to. I'll have to see if I can find the interview, but they state they're not ready for Link to talk yet and felt like players wanted it that way. Their characters not talking is also a design choice. Has nothing to do with space.

The Wii could run Kingdom Hearts. That's not really the problem. It's whether or not Square will forgo the graphics to make a profit. If they can't get out of that mindset (even though the Wii is more powerful than the PS2, so they could still get a graphic leap over their past games), then it won't come out on the Wii. That's pretty much the bottom line.

-Darkness

but would you serious buy a next gen game with last gen grafics? i dont think that SE want to hold back a games potential like that. i think that they will be more inclined to create a new game for the wii, so they dont change the user base of the already tried game. creating a game that was made for the wii's control system is one thing, but to uproot a game that has a perfectly fine overall setup and re-invent the game (so to speak) i think would be dumb on their part. besides porting games that already have a user base on one console to another usually doesn't go to well.

You mean like Final Fantasy and Metal Gear? 

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

ff14 will either be a single game on ps(4/5/?) or that and xbox (?) and wii (?) but only if the wii (?) is competent.

dqx will be nintendo. looks like the perfect place other than its a jrpg. who knows maybe jrpg's will be sony and nintendo soon.

kh3 will be on ps3, and i bet exclusive using the white engine. a spin off or filler could go to handheld, my bet is psp, but nothing for wii and maybe xbox might get something eventually.

i think se sticks with ps3 cause thats where their console money is mostly. handheld is a toss up, but i hope they balance it out (just cause i want more se on psp).

my pillars of gaming: kh, naughty dog, insomniac, ssb, gow, ff

i officially boycott boycotts.  crap.

DQ10 may well go to the DS's successor, or even DS itself if it is still Nintendo's flagship handheld in 4 or 5 years. I think those options are as likely as Wii. I don't know if it would be good for the franchise to jump back and forth from handheld to console repeatedly.

I have no idea what Square is doing with the FF13 project, and all its parts, and have no idea whether they'll try to churn out 3 FFs again this generation or not. I really think they are overdoing this franchise, with seemingly 2 dozen spin-off and remake titles every year, and think that combined with low PS3 sales is going to make FF13 sales suffer. I mean, DQ9 could easily outsell FF13, the way things are going. Yet, I doubt Square rethinks their strategy this generation. If a FF14 comes out this generation, my bet is PS3.

As others have said, there is no KH3. There is at least one related project in the works, but even though its the soonest, the next Disney/Square mashup is some ways in the future. I think in some shape or form, this franchise will find its way onto Wii, 360 and DS. As far as "Mushroom Kingdom Hearts," I'd actually be more interested in a Nintendo/Disney mashup than a Nintendo/Square one. As long as Square is developing, make it a three-way.

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

i expect KH3 to come out on ps3 with mind blowing(nothing i've seen with ps3 has impressed me as much as my 360, yet) "pixar like" graphics...i honestly cant see it on 360 or wii..but it all depends on how the ps3 is selling ..S-E will not release anything exclusive to the ps3 if ps3 is not selling well. it would be a waste

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

Around the Network

kh3-ps3 or wii
DQX-wii or ds or psp
FFXIV-ps3

mM

kh3- Ps3 & 360

DQX- Wii

FXIV- Ps3

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

Consoles owned - SNES, N64, PS, GC, PS2, PSP, PS3

I DO NOT support Xbox

My prediction for YEARS END:

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

Playstation 3 - 8.5 Million

KH3 - Wii (By the time development starts the Wii will most likely have the largest installer base and Disney will want KH3 on what ever system has the largest installer base world wide. Especially in Japan.)

DQX - DS (DQIX was moved to the DS and I don't see the series leaving their any time soon.)

FFXIV - Nintendo's 6th System or PS4 (Seriously I'm not counting on this game showing up this gen, and to me that is Not a bad thing.)

Currently playing:
Wii: MySims | Xbox360: Halo3 / Pac-Man C.E | DS: Scurge | PSP: Ghost in the Shell

"Lesbians, Better then eMail."
~Lanky Man - My Big Fat Independent Movie

CapAmerica said:
KH3 - Wii (By the time development starts the Wii will most likely have the largest installer base and Disney will want KH3 on what ever system has the largest installer base world wide. Especially in Japan.)

DQX - DS (DQIX was moved to the DS and I don't see the series leaving their any time soon.)

FFXIV - Nintendo's 6th System or PS4 (Seriously I'm not counting on this game showing up this gen, and to me that is Not a bad thing.)

I agree with you on everything, though I think DQX has a chance on being on Wii too.

CapAmerica said:

Ps3 is a ten year system

mM