By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Kingdom Hearts 3, Dragon Quest X, Final Fantasy XIV

well, i heard KH3 developer said, that KH3 will have stunning visuals, so, it`s probably not coming to Wii.
FFXIV.. in some late 2009 or early 2010, like FFXIII - 1st part 2008, FFXIIIv - late 2008.

DX10 - psp2? =))

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Around the Network
albionus said:
DQX is the easiest. It's going to the Wii, no doubt about it.

FFXIV is the most difficult. You'd think it would have to go to the Wii since the Wii will be the only system alive in Japan and will lead everywhere else by lower margins. On the other hand Square can't seem to kick its graphics obsession. I don't think after FFXIII becomes the worst selling 3D FF game that Square will repeat its mistake of putting it only on the PS3 again. More likely I would think they will milk FFXIII a little more (more spinoffs for all systems) and then make FFXIV a first year game for the Super Wii.

Kingdom Hearts is the most interesting. It is the most casual game of the 3 so I would say odds favor a Wii exclusive. As for Disney, didn't they recently set up a game studio to specifically work on Wii/DS games? I may be mistaken but I thought I read before. The interesting part of this game is if it comes to the Wii, will it be traditional Kingdom Hearts or Mushroom Kingdom Hearts? If Disney refuses to support the Wii because of bluray (which is odd, I'm sure I've seen Disney games on Nintendo systems before) then that augurs all the more for Mushroom Kingdom Hearts.
If I had to put money down I'd say DQX-Wii, FFXIV- Super Wii, KH - Wii but as MKH.

You just said everything I wanted to say.  Damn you!!!  Seriously though that's exactly how I view it, other than the MKH part. 

DQX may remain on the DS, because DQIX is going to be unbelievably successful.   Still, if Square decides they want more options for DQX then they had for IX the Wii will be the console of choice.

I think FFXIV's platform depends entirely on FFXIII sales.  With he horrible 2.4 million sold of FFXII, I don't think Square will continue down the Sony path if FFXIII sells bad as well.  If they stray off the Sony path, they really only have 1 more left to go down, since the Japanese hate the 360. 

Kingdom Hearts is very casual, and seems like it would sell well on the Wii.  Disney is willing to make Wii games, see: High School Musical.   Again though as Bodhestava said, it's not really their choice unless they for some reason refused to have their characters in it.  

DQX to 360

You gotta be kidding me man. That completely impossible. Same as KH. That has a lot of casual and girl appeal, which 360 doesn´t have.
The only way FFXIV isn´t on PS3, is that it is for the netx gen.
And as one guy mentioned, there are multiple KH projects. I believe, as I said before, that one will be for Wii, one for DS, and one for PS3.

CrazzyMan said:
well, i heard KH3 developer said, that KH3 will have stunning visuals, so, it`s probably not coming to Wii.
FFXIV.. in some late 2009 or early 2010, like FFXIII - 1st part 2008, FFXIIIv - late 2008.

DX10 - psp2? =))

Source? 

Also, are you joking about PSP2?  Square's biggest franchise in Japan is DQ.  They would never put it on anything but the best selling systems.

I can see DQ X def. going on the Wii. the other two will probably and should stay on the PS3.

Around the Network

Well, the issue really is can devs get out of the graphics mindset. If they can't, then none of them will head to the Wii. If Devs can't figure out that all Wii games don't have to have motion controls, then none of them will come to the Wii. Too many devs are still stuck in the old way of doing things. Which is why you keep seeing companies push their 360/PS3 versions of games and ignore the other versions (Transformers: The Movie, Spiderman 3, Pirates of the Caribbean, etc.). So far, the only game that has bucked this trend has been the new Harry Potter game.

I don't know which versions will go where, but I'm not holding my breath for any of them going to the Wii.

Because almost every developer thought the Wii would be a flop?

diegomoroco777 said:
Well, the issue really is can devs get out of the graphics mindset. If they can't, then none of them will head to the Wii. If Devs can't figure out that all Wii games don't have to have motion controls, then none of them will come to the Wii. Too many devs are still stuck in the old way of doing things. Which is why you keep seeing companies push their 360/PS3 versions of games and ignore the other versions (Transformers: The Movie, Spiderman 3, Pirates of the Caribbean, etc.). So far, the only game that has bucked this trend has been the new Harry Potter game.

I don't know which versions will go where, but I'm not holding my breath for any of them going to the Wii.

Because almost every developer thought the Wii would be a flop?

I think those are good points, other than that DQ was never in the graphical mindset, so there isn't any purpose in ever sending it to the 360 or PS3.  The same with kingdom hearts, though that depends on the truth behind CrazzyMan's post.  The only game that always pushes the graphics of it's system is FF, but I think with the relative failure of FFXII, if the PS3 FFXIII fails, they may be FORCED out of the graphical mind set due to profit sinks.

Blue3 said:
Bodhesatva said:

I totally agree that the 360 could see some serious Square support this generation, I just don't think that's the game they'd choose to do so with :p

they wont, anything on 360 from SE will also be on the PS3.

Perhaps. Except Square Enix specifically said they'd support Microsoft and Nintendo more this generation, and Sony less. It's possible this will only mean ports, and it could simply be complete fluff; but they did say it, and it's possible they mean it. 

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Bodhesatva said:
cgnobody said:
I seriously doubt that the Wii will get a Disney/Square francise like KH. The may get a spinoff, but not the sequel.

Any reason for you to believe that? Simply because Disney supports Blu-Ray, and Disney is involved in Kingdom Hearts?

If that were the case, why are they making games for the Wii at all? Because they are. Not just ports (such as PotCarribbean) but exclusives, such as High School the Musical. And keep in mind that Disney doesn't even develop/produce the Kingdom Hearts games, as they do the High School Musical / Pirates games; they simply collaborate with Square Enix, who is the actual developer/producer. 

So, again:

1) Disney is not the developer or producer of this game

2) Disney clearly doesn't mind making games on the Wii anyway 

Honestly dude, yeah there have been some multi-platform releases, but those are based on the movies/tv francises. Whereas KH is a game that requires a console that, in the past two consoles, have greatly supported RPGs.  Eventhough Nintendo and Square have resolved their differences from the past, they still don't get the playstation success title i.e. current FFs and KH.  Squares RPGs have been successful on the playstation and they will remain to be successful.  Like i siad, i wouldn't count out a spinoff.  But to believe that a game like KH ( a game that supports a generous amount of gameplay, cut sequences, and the much needed space to carry all the great voiceovers) could be made possible on the Wii, is kind of streching it.  Granted they have the userbase but i dont think that the wii has the power or disc compassity to run a FULL length KH. i mean cummon they could even make Link talk for LoZ:TP.  As the matter of fact we dont know what most the nintendo characters voices sound like (other than the various grunts, sighs, and laughs we get to hear in the multitude of speech retardant games they have) 

The PS3 provides the disc space and power needed to make the next KH game a memorable one (and no the 360, as aweome of a system it is, will not have a chance in recieving these games because of their failure to effectively market microsoft's new console)

PSN ID: cgnobody

Xbox Gamertag: cgnobodyX

Wii friend code: 1445-3731-4393-2518

and even though disney is not the developer, they own all the rights to those memorable movie characters.  they don't have to let SE use them if they dont want to.  disney is the major deciding factor in the game's future

PSN ID: cgnobody

Xbox Gamertag: cgnobodyX

Wii friend code: 1445-3731-4393-2518