By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Kingdom Hearts 3, Dragon Quest X, Final Fantasy XIV

Sri Lumpa said:

"Final Fantasy titles, 7th Generation, remakes excluded:

PSP:
Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions
Dissidia: Final Fantasy"

Hmm, isn't FFT:The War of the Lions a remake of the original FFT on playstation? (your post says remakes excluded)

It is, I was debating whether or not to include it.  The remakes I excluded were primarily the FF 1-6 remakes (Add 5 GBA to Gen6, 2 DS, 1 PSP to Gen7... it gets a bit messy).  Tactics has yet to be remade, so I let War of the Lions go.

PS3: 5.51m/51w, avg 108,039/w (up 239)
360: 12.93m/102w, avg 126,764/w (up 625), leads PS3 by 7.42m (up 70k), avg lead 18,725/w (up 386)
Wii: 13.52m/51w, avg 265,098/w (dn 1,102), leads PS3 by 8.01m (up 90k), avg lead 157,059/w (dn 1,341)

If 360 sales stabilize, PS3 sales increases needed to pass 360 by...
01/08: (008w) +875.8%, 04/08: (021w) +344.4%, 07/08: (034w) +219.3%, 10/08: (047w) +163.5%
01/09: (060w) +131.8%, 04/09: (073w) +111.4%, 07/09: (085w) +098.1%, 10/09: (099w) +086.7%
If Wii sales stabilize, PS3 sales increases needed to pass Wii by...
01/08: (008w) +1072.%, 04/08: (021w) +498.4%, 07/08: (034w) +363.4%, 10/08: (047w) +303.1%
01/09: (060w) +269.0%, 04/09: (073w) +246.9%, 07/09: (085w) +232.6%, 10/09: (099w) +220.3%
If PS2 sales freeze, Wii sales increases needed to pass PS2 (as of Mar07, 108.4m) by...
2008: (008w) +4373.8%, 2009: (060w) +0496.5%, 2010: (112w) +0219.6%, 2011: (165w) +0116.9%
2012: (217w) +0064.9%, 2013: (269w) +0033.1%, 2014: (321w) +0011.5%, 2015: (376w) -0004.8%
At +0% it will pass it in 358w, the week ending September 19th, 2014, at an age of 409w (7y44w).
Current age of PS2: 7y37w.

Last update: Week ending November 3, 2007

Around the Network
Christopher_G2 said:
If I was a betting man here's how I'd play it.

Kingdom Hearts 3 - Wii - by far the soonest of the three to possibly be released, the Wii with such a huge lead, expecially in Japan, will make that decision. Runner up possibility: PS3

Final Fantasy XIV - PS3 - by 2011 or so whenever this comes out the PS3 will have a large userbase. Final Fantasy has always prided itself on breaking technical boundaries for RPGs so I expect them to continue to come out on the higher powered systems. Runner up possibility: Wii 2

Dragon Quest X - Wii 2 - This one is not going to come out for a while. The gaps between Dragon Quest games are generally larger than between Final Fantasy ones. I'd see a 2011 or 2012 release, and by that time the Wii 2 will come out. Runner up possibility: DS 2.

And one thing I can say for near certain, none of these games will come out for the 360 or the Next X-Box system. Heck Microsoft may have to scatch and claw to even get a spinoff.

DQ10 is probably coming out around 2010, and even if it came out in 2011 or 2012 it is much more likelyl to come out on Wii and not the next gen wii.  Square doesn't release DQ games on systems with small userbases.  DQ9 would probably be a console game if it wasn't for the fact that PS2 is on the decline and the rest have small userbases in Japan.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Why does everyone believe that Square only makes Final Fantasy games for the system with the best specs graphically.

Final Fantasy 10, 10-2, 11, 12, and Dirge of Cerberus were are released for the graphically inferior PS2 when they would have looked much better on either a GameCube or XBOX.

Those games were all artistically beautiful as well as technically, so them deciding to make the game for either a Wii or 360 now would not change the over all beauty of the game worlds.

So what the PS2 had a larger base. At the time of the launch of FF 10, it definitly was not to late for GC or XBOX to make some kinda head way with a system seller like a Final Fantasy game on it, especially considering games like Final Fantasy and GTA made the PS2 the leader that it was.

I call right now FFXIV for PS4. ;P

To cash in my CC rewards points for $300 in Circuit City gift cards to purchase a 360 or not: That is the question.

Soriku said:
^ I heard Sony might not make a PS4.

Too early to say, during the early days following of the dismal PS3 launch sales, it sure was all they could really talk about though. Now since things aren't looking as grim, Sony is finally having the courage to talk about the PS3 itself again. Notice that Sony diehards followed this same trend.

December-April

- Instead of bragging about the PS3, the Sony Gamers chose to brag up the PSP, Blu-Ray, PS4, and even the PS2 doing anything they could to avoid talking about the PS3 itself as a gaming platform. The Popular argument here was that the PS3 wasn't too expensive but that it was too cheap and that sony cared about the gamer for selling at a loss.

April-Present

- Sony Gamers get courage from a variety of titles and announcements of future IPs and finally get the balls to back the PS3 itself, notice that during this time, talk about the PSP, PS2, Blu-Ray and PS4 slowly dissapear as Sony defense topics almost altogether. The Popular argument now was that the PS3 was in fact too expensive and needs a price cut, contradicting popular opinion only a few months eariler.

Proud Owner Of: Wii, DS, PSP, Xbox 360 (Brother owns PS3 & PS2)

Things that have changed since the last Generation of Gaming:

- Nintendo has shown us you can have the best selling console of all time with virtually no games for it.

- Graphics suddenly matter to Sony fans but Reverse Compatibility and Dual shock oddly enough don’t.

- Kiddy Crap is trendy with Hardcore gamers now that it’s no longer Nintendo’s “thing” (Viva Piñata, Little Big Planet, Banjo Kazooie 3, LBP)

- Third Party Developers are now essentially the equivalent of Video Game street pimps.

- Gimmicks are no longer fads (Wii-mote)... Well, not all Gimmicks (PS-Eye)

Around the Network

Soriku stop it man. Just stop it. Of course Sony is making a PS4. Sony has spent too much time and money building SCE to just toss it by the wayside at the first sign of trouble.

I heard Sony might not make a PS4.

Old news. Just an analyst that was scared at launch. It was confirmed that there will be PS4, and even PS5 and PS6. Kutaragi is still involved (though at a way lesser extent); he's first drafting the PS4, 5, & 6. Then Sony just said not too long ago, there will be a PS4. Sony is not gonna die after winning twice, otherwise Nintendo should've after the Gamecube.
Yes I'm a Sony fanboy...

Anyways...
KH3- PS3 Exclusive
I'm sorry, I can't see KH on the Wii. And Disney is supporting Blu-Ray right now.
DQX- Toss up between Wii or PS3
It could go either way. It seems to be favoring Nintendo, but remember the Playstations had DQ5 remake, DQ7, and DQ8.
FFXIV- PS3 Exclusive
I doubt Square Enix would give up a graphics game.

Darc Requiem said:
Soriku stop it man. Just stop it. Of course Sony is making a PS4. Sony has spent too much time and money building SCE to just toss it by the wayside at the first sign of trouble.

But Sony is not making money from the venture anymore, wouldn't it just be more feasable for them to cut their losses and move to PC or Third party development? Don't know if it will happen or not, but nothing is garanteed five-six years down the road in gaming. Nothing.

I don't know if there is any merit to Soriku's confidence either, but the fact they've also announced a PS5-6 just futhers the point of how little credit can be given to their claims about future consoles at this early point. That's like announcing the Wii during the hay day of the SNES.

Proud Owner Of: Wii, DS, PSP, Xbox 360 (Brother owns PS3 & PS2)

Things that have changed since the last Generation of Gaming:

- Nintendo has shown us you can have the best selling console of all time with virtually no games for it.

- Graphics suddenly matter to Sony fans but Reverse Compatibility and Dual shock oddly enough don’t.

- Kiddy Crap is trendy with Hardcore gamers now that it’s no longer Nintendo’s “thing” (Viva Piñata, Little Big Planet, Banjo Kazooie 3, LBP)

- Third Party Developers are now essentially the equivalent of Video Game street pimps.

- Gimmicks are no longer fads (Wii-mote)... Well, not all Gimmicks (PS-Eye)

Maverick Hunter Z said:
Darc Requiem said:

But Sony is not making money from the venture anymore, wouldn't it just be more feasable for them to cut their losses and move to PC or Third party development? Don't know if it will happen or not, but nothing is garanteed five-six years down the road in gaming. Nothing.

I don't know if there is any merit to Soriku's confidence either, but the fact they've also announced a PS5-6 just futhers the point of how little credit can be given to their claims about future consoles at this early point. That's like announcing the Wii during the hay day of the SNES.

SCE has carried Sony as a company up until recently. Sony took their eye off the ball with PS3. They were more concerned with pushing Cell and Blu-Ray than they were with developing a winning game console. After out selling their competitors at near a 3 to 1 clip (PS brand vs. Every other console brand) over th past 13 years, It would make little sense to pack it in now.

Besides going third party isn't easy profit making move it is always made out to be. Sega is a prime example of this. As a first party hardware maker, a company provides a single platform for fans of its software. Going third party splinters that fan base. With Sony gone, you'd have two companies with divergent philosphies in Microsoft and Nintendo. So being a multiplatform developer would more difficult. Choosing the wrong company to put the bulk of their support behind could cause Sony further financial hardship. Remaining a hardware maker would give Sony more control over their destiny. If Nintendo can regain the number one position in the industry after a 13 year decline, Sony can certainly due the same after only one generation of decline.

Jijjin said:
I heard Sony might not make a PS4.

Old news. Just an analyst that was scared at launch. It was confirmed that there will be PS4, and even PS5 and PS6. Kutaragi is still involved (though at a way lesser extent); he's first drafting the PS4, 5, & 6. Then Sony just said not too long ago, there will be a PS4. Sony is not gonna die after winning twice, otherwise Nintendo should've after the Gamecube.
Yes I'm a Sony fanboy...

Anyways...
KH3- PS3 Exclusive
I'm sorry, I can't see KH on the Wii. And Disney is supporting Blu-Ray right now.
DQX- Toss up between Wii or PS3
It could go either way. It seems to be favoring Nintendo, but remember the Playstations had DQ5 remake, DQ7, and DQ8.
FFXIV- PS3 Exclusive
I doubt Square Enix would give up a graphics game.

1. Because when it comes to making games, you have to make it blu-ray because they are the same as movies. Games aren't movies, and i'm pretty sure that Disney said something in 2006 about making games for nintendo only, but i'm not to sure.

2. Because they didn't give up a graphics game when they made numerous FF titles for PS2 instead of Xbox or 360. This logic makes no sense, when compared to the actions of the company from the recent past. 

*** to avoid misunderstanding, the first sentence in 1. and the first sentence in 2. are sarcasm. *** 

Wii Friend Code: 7356 3455 0732 3498 PM me if you add me