By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Official Wii Fit Sales Predictions Thread

Venji said:
Where did the 4M rumor come from?  last I heard it was "at least" 1million for launch

From a poster at VGChartz quoting a "usually reliable" source. One other member had heard the same. It is definitely nothing but a rumor.Who knows, at least one million could mean 4M. No one really seems to know, Nintendo is playing it close to the vest. I'll get an idea tomorrow when I find out how many extra units EB Games gets over their preorder. With most things Wii, there has been very little. If they get >10 then Nintendo has probably shipped way in excess of one million.

Around the Network

Well it's sold out in several places online (Wal-mart, Amazon, BestBuy).

Some crazy prices are up on Ebay and 3rd party sellers on Amazon (going up to $150!)

Hi there.

http://vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/Video_Game_Sales - A wiki for video game sales figures

I can tell you right now that sales will not be 4M first week. Nintendo did not ship that many. Do expect around 1M first wee sales with very good legs.

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

i predicted 2m first week. kiss my $vgc goodbye?

I think the month will be strong though. I expect large shipments and large sell throughs. I think 3 million in 30 days is definately doable.

Around the Network

I guess I overestimated how much Wii Fit will sell. I was being ambitious anyways. I still think Wii Fit could do 14-15 million by years end. The numbers have started increasing already.

I just looked at the graph for Wii Fit sales and it is one steep mountain. It's actually doing better now then when it debut. Also it consistently outsells the PS3 and the 360 in all territories. I can't remember when the last time the PS3 or 360 outsold Wii Fit.

Wait til the holidays hit if you think the numbers now are good. It's not a matter of how many they can sell, but how many they can make.