By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Official Wii Fit Sales Predictions Thread

This game has always been a legs game, not a 1st week seller. I'm going to go with...

America 1st week: 900,000
After 3 weeks: 2 million

Around the Network
Paul said:
@ obese

It sold 1.25 million in europe in three weeks. How is that falling on it's face?

I ment in comparisen with what people thought it would sell.

If the game really has LOW supplies then i will take my claim back about it under performing.

Alot.

NO but seriously.

I mean in Japan its still going. It'll really vary with how many Wiis are sold in Japan. I'm going to guess though about 5 million in the land of the rising sun.

Europe/Other is really a different story. I have no idea how strong the reception is over there or if it'll pull a Wii Play. My guess though is yes and once again it'll vary on Wii sales in the region. Guesses though are around 6-7 million.

Now America, land of the fatasses, is really where all the heavy marketing is going. And trust me it'll pay off. I'm guessing a great opening week of at least 1 million. Followed by legs comparable to that of Wii Play, if not more. This title could easily do 10 million in America alone.

Overall I'm guessing about 20 million worldwide LTD for Wii Fit. I mean this is easily as high as I will go. I mean I was a nonbeliever in this title and I thought it'd barely get to 5 million but I'm impressed by its reception and by the advertising for the title in America. It's going to be huge in America. People who aren't even using it to get in shape will buy it sheerly off of brand. Going to be the biggest thing in America since Halo 3.

Astrodust said:
Okay I looked though not very hard and didn't see a sales thread for Wii Fit so here goes. My predictions: 1st Week in NA: 1.35 million End of 2008 worldwide: 18.5 million Lifetime sales in North America: 35-40 million Lifetime sales worldwide: 55-60 million

I think these predictions are pretty much spot on.

everyone is forgeting the ps3 is also selling at like 200k+ every week, and will get much higher sales round by xmas. So this game is going to have to sell more wii's to get the software up, and sell more than the ps3 each week by vast amounts.

Around the Network

I think that people are underestimating the size of the diet and exercise market.

1.5 million in North America week one...., 2.5 million by week 3.

I don't think it will outsell the PS3 WW lifetime. However, hasn't Wii Fit already sold more than the PS3 in Japan? I remember they were close...

BAM! There it is!

Wii Code 3456 7941 4060 2924
COD MW Reflex 541192229709

Nintendo + its biggest marketing for a game = at least 1.2 million in May if it can keep supply.

Hi there.

http://vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/Video_Game_Sales - A wiki for video game sales figures

obieslut said:
Paul said:
@ obese

It sold 1.25 million in europe in three weeks. How is that falling on it's face?

I ment in comparisen with what people thought it would sell.

If the game really has LOW supplies then i will take my claim back about it under performing.

Dude, its sold out, at least at my city here in germany and in Paris (I was there last week, and a friend of mine was devastated she coulndt get it for her wii).

I don't know in the other countries/cities, but i think that pretty much gives you a glimpse of the big picture 

Listen to the voice of reason, then do as I say.

radioioRobert said:
1.5 million in North America week one...., 2.5 million by week 3.

I don't think it will outsell the PS3 WW lifetime. However, hasn't Wii Fit already sold more than the PS3 in Japan? I remember they were close...

Yups or atleast when the new Japan numbers come in.