By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What would be some great new Smash Brothers characters?

Sorry if a similar thread has been posted before. I just thought it'd be fun to brainstorm on characters you'd like to see in an upcoming Smash Brothers game.

Be as detailed as you want, possibly just saying who, but it might be fun to really go in depth with certain characters. Go with Nintendo characters if you like, or characters in either 3rd party currently represented (Liquid Snake! Psycho Mantis! Dr. Robotnik....maybe not Dr. Robotnik. Not very playable) or other 3rd Party characters that would be awesome. I mean really, just go crazy. Maybe you should stay close to something that would be on the system, but hey, it's not like Snake is exactly Nintendo territory, right? And nevermind f say, poor sales of a great game gets in the way of plausability. It's all for fun, right? But try to really think about it.

My initial thoughts:

Rundas (Metroid universe)

Music: Rundas's theme, MP3

Characteristics: Somewhat Fast, Somewhat Heavy

Up special: Ride on a wave of ice up and sideways, damaging opponents. Recovery move

Side special: Shoot small ice balls

Special: Charge to shoot big ice ball balls

Final smash: Throw large glacier

Travis Touchdown (No More Heroes universe)

Characteristics: Medium speed, medium weight

Allways attacks with Bloodberry unless you pick up an item 

Up smash: Slice three times quickly with Tsubaki Mk. 3

Side smash: Slice opponent with Tsubaki Mk. 2

Down smash: Attack with a charged low attack--very slow, but nearly Falcon Punch level damage

Special: Blueberry Cheese Brownie: Shoot a charged wave of energy at opponent

Side special: Strawberry on the Shortcake: Move forward like lighting and slice opponent

Down special: If opponent is close, perform wrestling move

Up special: Anarchy in the Galaxy: The area around Travis explodes, damaging opponents

Final smash: Cranberry Chocolate Sundae: For a short period you move very slow, when an on screen prompt comes up, press the correct button to KO an opponent.

Obviously I've thought about this too much. Anyone else have some good ideas?

My consoles and the fates they suffered:

Atari 7800 (Sold), Intellivision (Thrown out), Gameboy (Lost), Super Nintendo (Stolen), Super Nintendo (2nd copy) (Thrown out by mother), Nintendo 64 (Still own), Super Nintendo (3rd copy) (Still own), Wii (Sold)

A more detailed history appears on my profile.

Around the Network

Hrm, I stole these from my brother, but some Mother love :3 Kumatora and/or Poo.

Chrono, I think it'd be cool.

and um ; ; I forgot. oh, Tails, (or Knuckles) I dunno how they'd play though.

The Mother 3 Fan Translation is done! Everyone go get it right now! (Mother3.fobby.net)

Play Earthbound for the SNES ; ; Do it, it's awesome!

Proud participater of this year's Wii Secret Santa event! Hopefully you'll join the merriment next year!
Link below because I fail at embedding urls.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=51169&page=1

Those might be cool, but how would Crono play? Final smash would be Luminaire, but other than that I have no idea. Maybe a Pokemon trainer type thing, where you can switch between Crono, Lucca and, say, Ayla (just to get some different play styles in there). The final smash would be a triple tech. Anyone remember what Crono, Lucca and Ayla's triple tech was?

Atari 7800 (Sold), Intellivision (Thrown out), Gameboy (Lost), Super Nintendo (Stolen), Super Nintendo (2nd copy) (Thrown out by mother), Nintendo 64 (Still own), Super Nintendo (3rd copy) (Still own), Wii (Sold)

A few characters I would've loved to see in Brawl, and wouldn't mind being included in the next Smash Bros:

-Midna (imp-Midna, barbie-Midna, wolf riding-Midna, they're all good. just give us Midna!)

-Ridley (in b4 shitstorm. yes, I think he could be shrunk to a workable size)

-Ganondorf with his sword (a heavyweight swordsman would be very interesting to play)

Midna would be cool.

A few others:

Dark Samus - Have non-charged shots, Up special would be a hover recovery, Final smash would be to clone herself and have her and close shoot hyper beam in both direction, possibly while circling around to nerf it a little.

Leon Kennedy:

Characteristics: Slow, Medium weight

Would regularly attack with knife

Side Smash: Shotgun blast

Special: Incendiary Grenade

Side special: Hand grenade

Down special: Roundhouse kick

Around the Network

Skull Kid

Very fast, small and easy to hit out.

B down - Gather those guys from TP after you (in sacred woods)

B side - Attack with the guys

B up - Take Majora's mask in the hand and fly upwards at a fairly low pace for a few seconds.

B - Takes on Majora's mask and damage within a small area around him.

Final Smash: Wears Majora's mask, and turns everyone else into Dekus, which can't attack, for some time.

Rayman

B - Charge the gauntlet and fire. You have to charge for minimum a second. The gauntlet doesn't come back

B up - Throw gauntlet 80 degrees upward in the way you are turning. If it hits a ledge, you are drawn up after it. The gauntlet is destroyed if it hits another player or the ledge (after you've drawn yourself up)

B side - Quick throw gauntlet to the side.

B down, take on 2 new gauntlets.

Final smash: Heaps of those small thingies he saves (forgot the name) flies down and damages the opponents, making them earn damage and have trouble attacking, making Rayman easily attack them.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

That weird guy from Big Brain Academy as the WTF character =P
I really mean it.

Lets see if someone can come up with a moveset for him. 

Work in progress for now...

^ proffesor lobe?

We can only hope lol

If I was the director I would do it for sure =P
Weird characters FTW!

Work in progress for now...

=p Lulz have pity with the Europeans will ya? You guys are already dreaming about the next one while them couldn't play SSBB yet.