By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSP vs GBC watch. I say the PSP can go the distance.

Without pokemon it will be a HUGE success for PSP

as it has had no 10 million + sellers....ala pokemon

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:

Gran Turismo Portable might have been that, but Polyphony didn't seem interested in that. 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

LordTheNightKnight said:
darthdevidem01 said:

Gran Turismo Portable might have been that, but Polyphony didn't seem interested in that. 

To be fair Polophony never said on witch PSP they would release GT as a launch game..PSP or PSP2

konnichiwa said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
darthdevidem01 said:

To be fair Polophony never said on witch PSP they would release GT as a launch game..PSP or PSP2

Why would being a launch game matter in this case? No GT game was a launch game, and 1 and 3 still broke 10 million. The fact is they don't seem interested in a GT game on the PSP at all.

And besides, since the launch was front heavy anyway, it wouldn't have been that helpful to have GT as a launch game here.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Will the PSP manage to accomplishe that ? Yes it will . IMO it will peak out at ~ 60 million LT . And that would deffinatly make it sell more than the GBC . Is that a big deal ? Yes it is , and thats why the PSP is writing history at the moment ;)

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Around the Network
LordTheNightKnight said:
konnichiwa said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
darthdevidem01 said:

Why would being a launch game matter in this case? No GT game was a launch game, and 1 and 3 still broke 10 million. The fact is they don't seem interested in a GT game on the PSP at all.

And besides, since the launch was front heavy anyway, it wouldn't have been that helpful to have GT as a launch game here.

I wouldn't say they weren't interested so much as they have no time.  I mean... it takes like one guy 6 months to make one freaking car for GT5... and those games have traditionally had 700+ Cars.

How much do you think they are paying the graphics guys to do all that?

Kasz216 said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
konnichiwa said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
darthdevidem01 said:

I wouldn't say they weren't interested so much as they have no time. I mean... it takes like one guy 6 months to make one freaking car for GT5... and those games have traditionally had 700+ Cars.

How much do you think they are paying the graphics guys to do all that?

I understand the first part, but what does paying have to do with it? If they don't have the time, it doesn't matter who is being paid to do what.

PSP has already sold incredable well -- i believe it has passed N64 numbers and only has generation winners to start passing now.

50 million - 70 million lifetime sales seems reasonable... i bet SONY is hoping that PSP will get close to 100 million lifetime sales though ... which is proberly possible, i mean look at GBA sales - its at 80 million according to VGC...

Yet PSP + DS sales = 106.27 million !
With PSP likely to pass 40 million this year and DS to pass 80mill(or 90mill??) its clear that the handhled market has plenty of room for growth. So who knows how high PSP / DS can go ..

I swear, I already have a strip for my comic for when PSP breaks 50 million.

LordTheNightKnight said:
konnichiwa said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
darthdevidem01 said:

A long time ago.....;Polyphony said that they will have a GT PSP game on the launch of PSP.  Thats all I wanted to say =p.