By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Anyone else starting to feel they won't need a HD console after all?

The Wii has no games that interest me at all, let alone the exclusive ones, so the console i won't need this gen is the Wii!

Around the Network
ssj12 said:
ya, skip the HD consoles, next generation play the UHD consoles.

I know your being sarcastic, hehe, but really HD consoles are awesome. You don't "need" any console, but if you can get the money together and you only own a Wii, get yourself a HD console, they have some great games and experiences.

Same goes for the Wii. If you only own a HD console, don't miss the Wii, it's vastly under-rated on the internet, and it's actually quite a great machine if your just picking one up. Especially if you missed the gamecube era.

I think that is a significant reason the HD consoles don't sell at Wii levels. Most just buy one or the other, PS3 or 360. The PS2/Casual/Broke/Young audience only has the Wii as an option. Not to say the Wii only sells because it's cheap or casual. As a hardcore gamer, I know many, many people bought the machine to play Galaxy, Brawl, Kart, NMH, Zack and Wiki, and a few other really fun hardcore games on that system, and it's easily worth owning.

As for which HD console to own? Well if you don't own a gaming PC, I'd take a 360 over a PS3 anyday. If you buy a PS3 now, you'll be marginally dissapointed.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

psrock said:
i quit pc gaming too, and i dont need it, i got a ps3. I use to like pc gaming because their games always looked better, but now there's barely a difference.

Not much of a difference? If you don't see any now, wait until the end of this generation. 

psrock said:
i quit pc gaming too, and i dont need it, i got a ps3. I use to like pc gaming because their games always looked better, but now there's barely a difference.

Buy a PC next year then. You will once again see a major difference even with a standard range PC, this is how it is every Console cycle.

Playing : PC  AOE, DiRT 2, Runes of Magic, Wings of Prey & Planetside 2  

Wii U : Nintendoland, Super Mario U  & Fifa 2013 demo

DS : Guitar Hero : On Tour

Formerly unknown as Vengi

http://vgchartz.com/profiles/profile.php?id=2331

if u want to buy a Xbox360 : YES

u dont need it since all come to PC after 1 year (or before)

if u want a PS3 : NO

most exclusive come from Sony first party studio and stay exclusive to the PS3 ...

Time to Work !

Around the Network

it's a whole different experience playing on a PC, console-gaming feels different..

''Hadouken!''

I'm with you! At least I like knowing I have my PC available if I want it. I haven't had time to get involved in a PC game since COD2, but it's there if some fantastic game comes up. I suspect in six months to a year we won't believe we ever talked about a lack of any type of game on the Wii. Money talks and the May NPD was hollering for the slow learners.

sc94597 said:
psrock said:

Not much of a difference? If you don't see any now, wait until the end of this generation. 

Killzone? j/k 

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

So I'm with Parokki too, so far the really intesting 360 games are on PC, or eventually comes to PC, and the PS3 exclusives are kinda meh, maybe at the end I will get a 360 or a PS3 but only if there is some great games only for it...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."

Well I think the PS3 in particular offers the type of exclsuive you'll never find on the PC .

I also like the idea of all the software I buy being optmized for my console as opposed to upgrading my rig every X years to avoid a mental break down.