By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - I must admit, I am liking the Xbox 360 this gen

ok i have been debating on getting a 360. I think you just sold me darc requiem! I even bought a copy of eternal sonata today, for 29 bucks i couldnt resist. Now i just need the console....i think im doing this backwards....

Around the Network
windbane said:
Yeah, but if you are like me and a sucker for FF, you have to go with PS3.
 The funny thing is I loved FF, until I played Lost Odyssey. After that I forgot all about Squre Enix and the new company on my lips was Mistwalker. And still is. 

blue-lady said:
ok i have been debating on getting a 360. I think you just sold me darc requiem! I even bought a copy of eternal sonata today, for 29 bucks i couldnt resist. Now i just need the console....i think im doing this backwards....

ES isn't the greatest JRPG but it is a very solid game.  If you have a big-screen HDTV, the colors are beautiful and the art style is exceptional.  The ending of the game goes on for what seems an eternity (pun intended) and will leave you scratching your head for days.  It is definitely worth $29 bucks and you will get a lot of play out of the game.

I've yet to play Lost Odyssey but I'll get to it at some point.  I'm really looking forward to that one... 

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

I bought my 360 on launch day - November 22nd, 2005 souly for RPGs, and I have been very impressed with what I bought.

Regardless of speculation, the fact is, if your just a fan of every kind of RPGs, the 360 is definately the system of choice.

So far, on my Gamercard, I have:

Oblivion
Enchanted Arms
Phantasy Star Universe
Two Worlds
Blue Dragon
Eternal Sonata
Mass Effect
CuldCept Saga

And planning on buying Lost Odyssey at some point.

And by the end of this year, I should be getting:

Last Remnant
Fable 2
Infinite Undiscovery
Operation: Darkness
Spectral Force 3
Fallout 3
Tales of Verspia

And then you have XBLA RPGs:

Arkadian Warriors
Puzzle Quest
Castle Crashers
Band of Bugs
Penny Arcade Adventures

So the 360 is the RPG machine of choice. And for someone like myself, that enjoys RPGs, I couldn't of picked a better machine. Definately not as strong as the SNES, PS1 and PS2 lineups, but Microsoft has definately given me a machine that I can play, and enjoy a ton of RPGs.

If I got a PC, I couldn't get all of these great RPGs. If I got a PS3, I couldn't of got as many RPGs upto this point. For all the systems I've bought, from my Atari to this 360, the X360 has given me the 2nd best RPG experiences I've ever had.

I'm oh-so close to finally completing Blue Dragon, midway through my 2nd ES playthrough, and got re-addictted to Mass Effect once I found my disk, and am on my 3rd playthrough.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

ES on PS3 has been confirmed by bandai namco I read that somewhere..... bioshock is probably comming too it's a lock on... now tales of V I wouldn't be that sure.... at least it won't come on PS3 for a while (6 month to a year after XB 360 release I'm guessing)

but it doesn't matter.. it's like people telling i'm buying the PS3 version... yeah cool....but if it's 6 month or a year after for a blockbuster... i'm not really interested... t's like when MGS came on XB not really a success it's way too late....
if I had a PS3 I4d be more excited about the NEW games to come... than the old ported one form XB....

Around the Network
kn said:
blue-lady said:

ES isn't the greatest JRPG but it is a very solid game. If you have a big-screen HDTV, the colors are beautiful and the art style is exceptional. The ending of the game goes on for what seems an eternity (pun intended) and will leave you scratching your head for days. It is definitely worth $29 bucks and you will get a lot of play out of the game.

I've yet to play Lost Odyssey but I'll get to it at some point. I'm really looking forward to that one...

Yeah, the story is so-so and the battle system is sometimes frustrating.  But, the art is absolutely amazing.  I'm a sucker for cel-shaded anime style HD games.  From the screenshots of Tales of Vesperia, it looks like actually playing an anime.  I really think the HD consoles have alot of potential in Cel-shaded games.  Valkyrie of the Battlefield is another one I want badly as well.

Lost Odyssey is definitely good and who ever gave it a 5/10 needs a whooping.  But, I'm also looking forward to FF 13 too.

Microsoft is good as a competitor, aka Zune and Xbox, but not as a monopoly, aka Windows.  That's why I was hoping last year Sony would get their rears in gear.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

windbane said:
Heh, fun. Zen, you always have long posts. *sigh*

I'm sorry I didn't list every RPG, geez! I was just saying that I'm frustrated that those games haven't been ported already. I like JRPGs. I also really like SRPGs. I'm looking forward to trying out Fire Emblem when I get to that on my gamefly list.

I look forward to playing Mass Effect on my PC, yeah, heh. I've loved Bioware since Baldur's Gate. I've heard Lost Odyssey is derivative of Final Fantasy, which probably means I'd like it. I do want to try Eternal Sonata because of the music...hence my frustration with Namco.

I don't really consider Super Paper Mario an RPG...I rarely needed items. I mean, there's a "party" I guess and you level up...although I didn't have to worry about that once I found the infinite spawn at the pipe. It's still more of a platformer, though. I also didn't like the 2nd half very much.

At least the PS3 is getting Star Ocean 4, supposedly Eternal Sonata and Tales of V at some point, and eventually White Knight Chronicles and FF13 and Versus...oh, and Valkyrie for SRPG...and Disgaea 3...I'm sure I'm forgetting some.

I'm sorry you have to have a 360 to play RPGs, heh.

Yeah, man, it's cool. Just don't be hating on Lost Odyssey, like I thought you were doing by leaving it out and we're good, lol.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Yes I agree. I have loved Lost Odyssey and it is by far the best RPG out this generation imo.

I've played Eternal Sonata, but have decided to wait for the PS3 port (for the extra characters). I didn't like Blue Dragon the first time through, but I'm giving it another try (got for $20 off of Amazon).

So yes, Infinite Undiscovery and Tales of Vesperia look great. Spectral Force 3 could be good, but I think Operation Darkness is a huge dissapointment whenever I see Valkyria Chronicles (they are very similar games).

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

It`s just because games like WKS, FFXIII, FFXIIIv, KH3, SO4 are still not out yet.
When, you will play these games, you will understand, that x360 jrpgs were just some stuff to kill time before coming of real masterpieces. =)

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

True games follow their games that they love the most, to justify a console's purchase in my eyes u must but at least as many games in value as the price of the console was when you bought it.

"Like you know"