By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Announces Late 2008 / Early 2009 Lineup

No, the list is OK. I can see good games in it, but it's not even close to "PS3 games domination in 2008". Think about it. Where are big games for WRPG lovers? ARPG? Hack and Slash? RTS? The list goes on ...
360 vs PS3 is around 50/50, but 360 has more diversity this year.

Around the Network
HappySqurriel said:
In my opinion the line-up looks fairly weak, I wonder whether there will be any surprise games at E3 or TGS that give the PS3 a boost.

In my opinion, your post is fairly weak. Are you saying another publisher has a better list?

BrayanA said:
And this list is "PS3 games domination in 2008". Lol!

LOL. These are ONLY games released from Sony. And i`m not sure, that all coming titles are in this list. :)

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

BrayanA said:
No, the list is OK. I can see good games in it, but it's not even close to "PS3 games domination in 2008". Think about it. Where are big games for WRPG lovers? ARPG? Hack and Slash? RTS? The list goes on ...
360 vs PS3 is around 50/50, but 360 has more diversity this year.

If you want a more complete list, check the stickied thread about 2008 exclusives. Third parties make games, too. It's fairly clear to most objective people that Sony has the best list of exclusive games that have been announced so far. I'd give the 360 an edge on RTS, except who plays that on consoles anyway? Until they support keyboad and mouse, it's just a frustrating experience...unless Endwar solves the problem.

Where is Fifa 09, White Knight Chronicles, fall out 3, Guitar hero: Aero Smith, Rock band 2, COD 5, Valkyria Chronicles and Madden 09? Those games should be on that list.

Around the Network

wow thats a great line up from one publisher.I'll be buying

little big planet, killzone 2, resistance 2, socom, motorstorm 2, wipeout, siren and maybe hotshots golf

Rock_on_2008 said:
Where is Fifa 09, White Knight Chronicles, fall out 3, Guitar hero: Aero Smith, Rock band 2, COD 5, Valkyria Chronicles and Madden 09? Those games should be on that list.

*sigh* Read more carefully.

Rats completely forgot about Motorstorm 2, well turns out to be a nice list for me then, drawing complaints in, sorry gusy:

Pixeljunk Eden
Elefunk
Little Big Planet
Motorstorm 2
Clank
Hot Shots Golf 2

Plus someone has just convinced me to buy MGS4. Hopefully Overlord is something, am gonna try out the demo soon.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

Pretty sure Motorstorm, Socom, Resistance, LBP all by xmas is pretty sweet considering 3 of the 4 are very safe great games with the wild card being LBP. Considering last year we had Uncharted, Ratchet, Lair and Heavenly Sword....this is an improvement, imo. 3 new unproven IP's. Granted Uncharted was great, Lair blew and Heavenly Sword was avg. We have Resistance 2 which will be tremendous, Motorstorm which will be tremendous, Socom which at east has a history of tremendous potential and LBP something fresh that i think is just about impossible to screw up based on the hands on previews from everyone who has played it.

360 will have Fable, Banjo and Gears. Banjo appears to be heading towards disappointment, imo. Fable could be epic and Gears will be sick, no doubt. Id say its close to a push but id give PS3 the slight edge just based on having safer titles with 2 sequels to well received games plus the first next gen socom. not to mention LBP's potential.

Ninty doesnt need anything, with Wii-fit and Mario Kart to be honest theyll sell oodles through xmas. Its not even fun discussing Ninty anymore to be honest.

Looks quite good, but once again, we are looking to next year for the PS3's next lineup, we will see:

Final Fantasy XIII (at the very least in Japan)
Gran Turismo 5
Killzone 2
Infamous
Uncharted 2
Eight Days
Getaway 3
next Ratchet
God of War III