By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Announces Late 2008 / Early 2009 Lineup

NeoRatt said:

http://kotaku.com/5009315/sony-announces-2008-and-early-2009-ps3-line+up

Hot Shots Golf(R): Open Tee 2 — PSP (Available June 3, 2008 / E for "Everyone")

Secret Agent Clank(TM) — PSP (Available June 17, 2008 / E10+ for "Everyone 10+")

wipEout(R) HD — PSN (Available Summer 2008 / Rated E10+)

Elefunk(TM) — PSN (Available Summer 2008 / E for "Everyone")

PixelJunk(TM) Eden — PSN (Available Summer 2008 / Not Yet Rated)

SIREN: Blood Curse — PSN (Available Summer 2008 / Not Yet Rated)

SOCOM: US Navy SEALs Confrontation — PS3 (Available September 16, 2008 / Not Yet Rated)

LittleBigPlanet(TM) — PS3 (Available October 2008 / Not yet Rated)

NBA 09 — PS3, PSP, PS2 (Available Fall 2008 / Not Yet Rated)

NBA 09 — PSP (Available Fall 2008 / Not Yet Rated)

NBA 09 — PS2 (Available Fall 2008 / Not Yet Rated)

About BUZZ!(TM) Quiz TV — PS3 (Available Fall 2008 / Not Yet Rated)

BUZZ!(TM) Master Quiz — PSP (Available Fall 2008 / Not Yet Rated)

MotorStorm(TM) Pacific Rift — PS3 (Available Fall 2008 / Not Yet Rated)

Resistance 2(TM) — PS3 (Available Fall 2008 / Not Yet Rated)

Killzone(TM) 2 — PS3 (Available February 2009 / Not Yet Rated)

My Highlights are Resistance 2 and MotorStorm... Disappointed, but not surprised to see KZ2 fall to 2009.

Wow, there's less there I want to play than I expected.

Still, I'm pretty stoked to play the new SOCOM, LittleBigPlanet (please, let this gain some momentum with the public), and Secret Agent Clank for the PSP. If Insomniac comes through with their insane goals in co-op and multiplayer in R2, that's also a day one purchase.

Killzone is almost an automatic rental for me unless everyone raves about it. I trust Insomniac enough to buy their game on launch day. Guerrilla, not so much. 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network

best lineup for 2008

Sorry,
"As you can see this list is about Sony games, not about 3rd party games"
I mean "not about other publishers games"

This PS3 2008 lineup beats the 360's 2007 lineup

BrayanA said:
Sorry,

You still used 3rd party games. It's 1 versus 5, if you count Insomniac as 3rd party. We'd have to include MGS4 and so many others. Check exlusive games list on the top of both forums...

Around the Network
windbane said:
BrayanA said:
Sorry,

You still used 3rd party games. It's 1 versus 5, if you count Insomniac as 3rd party. We'd have to include MGS4 and so many others. Check exlusive games list on the top of both forums...

I believe these are all Sony published games, are they not? Some are third party but Sony is publishing them IIRC.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

BrayanA said:
masterb8tr,
lets focus on 2008! OK ? 2009 is too far away.
As you can see this list is about Sony games, not about 3rd party games
Ok now from this list lets look at PS3 games for 2008:
SOCOM: US Navy SEALs Confrontation
LittleBigPlanet
NBA 09
About BUZZ!
MotorStorm Pacific Rift
Resistance 2

Here it is the list of MS for 360:
Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts
Fable 2
Gears of War 2
Halo Wars
Ninja Gaiden 2
Too Human
Viva Piñata: Trouble in Paradise

You can find WRPG, ARPG, RTS, Hack and Slash, Shooter
I don't know for you, but for me MS had better lineup for 2008

What are you smoking crack ? you know your basicly cherry picking right ?

It doesn't matter who develops or publishes the game , what does matter is what console it ends up being exclusive on , I think it's pretty much agreed  by the gaming community(except Xbots) that the PS3 has the best software lineup of '08 . 

windbane said:
HappySqurriel said:
In my opinion the line-up looks fairly weak, I wonder whether there will be any surprise games at E3 or TGS that give the PS3 a boost.

In my opinion, your post is fairly weak. Are you saying another publisher has a better list?

Personally, I was just expecting Sony to be a lot more agressive ...

Resistance 2 and Motorstorm 2 are going to be good games but nothing to get overly excited about, and it is a somewhat sad statment that Sony is already releasing sequels to PS3 games before they have produced many of their bigger franchises from the PS2. Their line-up has a massive bulk of first person shooters (SOCOM, Resistance 2 and Killzone 2) even though the system as a whole already has a massive bulk of first person shooters. On top of all of that, I still have doubts that Killzone 2 will be particularly good or that Little Big Planet can live up to the hype.

Maybe I was expecting too much from Sony, and it was unrealistic to think that they would release sequels to The Getaway, Jak and Daxter, God of War, Twisted Metal, or Sly Cooper; or maybe I was foolish to expect that Sony might actually have a game or two to release this year that we haven't played on the PS3 already, or that wasn't announced over a year ago.

rocketpig said:
windbane said:
BrayanA said:
Sorry,

I believe these are all Sony published games, are they not? Some are third party but Sony is publishing them IIRC.

Ok, but out of those, 5 were not developed by Microsoft-owned companies, whereas Resistance 2 is the only game on the list that's not developed by a Sony studio. So yeah, if you nitpick and include publshed games by Microsoft to make the list more impressive, then fine. That's just a result of Sony not publishing third party games as much as Microsoft likes to. They are still third party games. M$ has nothing to match LBP, either way.

BrayanA said:
And this list is "PS3 games domination in 2008". Lol!

And this ain't trolling? White Knight Story is a SCE publishment, so it worries me about the release in 2009, at least not before spring 2009

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo