By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Smash Bros. Brawl Official Updates

Well good thing the fans knew Captain Olimar was going to be in the game before hand.

Around the Network

The image was created after Olimar was announced! He has the same pose in that fake image as he does on the Brawl site!

Some of the characters are freshly added but the rest are just stolen from other game posters promos etc.

lol, I'd laugh so hard if this turned out to be true. I mean Ashley already has her own song on Brawl as it is.

Hey anything can happen with SSB

Around the Network
Shade said:
Some of the characters are freshly added but the rest are just stolen from other game posters promos etc.

Which is exactly why it is fake. If it was real, all of the other unconfirmed characters should be in poses not seen in any of their games. 

GGE, go like, 2-4 pages back in this thread.

We saw this image long before it showed up on that stupid GT video.

GT's great, I love that they hype up Brawl, but posting that goddamn fake roster makes everyone think its real. There's multiple reasons why it's fake.

But I'm not explaining it a 5th or 6th time, go look yourself.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

and I gave a pretty damn good reason as why it's fake too.

Like I said, that fake roster got its own thread a day or two ago. We debated and gave various reasons as to why its fake.

Many of those characters have a sure shot or at least are very likely to make it into Brawl. That doesn't make the roster any less fake though.

GameTrailers saw the roster, thought it looked real enough (there's probably gonna be that many characters after all), so they threw the pic into their video with a big QUESTION MARK going across the screen, meaning, "is this the real roster, could be!"

It's not though, and GT was stupid to even put that on the video, because people that don't follow Brawl every day like ubernerds (like myself) will think it's real or something.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

I like Bacon said:
and I gave a pretty damn good reason as why it's fake too.

I guess...a bigger reason would be that in the practically confirmed real starting roster, Zelda's icon shows Zelda and Sheik in the same pic.  In this fake roster, it's only Zelda, so that's reason enough for it to be fake.

Not to mention, the original source is just some shady GameSpot user with this lone pic...nothing to back it up. 

LEFT4DEAD411.COM