By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Smash Bros. Brawl Official Updates

dtekdahl00 said:
Wow, I'm way dissapointed in the online mode. I don't even see the point of the "against anyone" option. Its pretty much the same as facing a computer, only with the possibility of lag time, and you can't choose their level of skill. If you ask me Nintendo is really dropping the ball on this one, I would find it much more practical for 3 options: against friends, against anyone noncompetitive, and against anyone competitive. With competitive you could compile rankings, and if Sakurai insists there would be no talking, but ranking would speak louder than words!

Ehh...you're slightly misinformed. First of all, you can play with friends in Brawl over the net.  Secondly, Sakurai and Iwata just said why they dont want to do rankings.  It makes the top 15 feel great and the rest feel bad.  Who wants to be 105,000th brawler?  No one.  The game is trying to appeal to everyone and thus no rankings.  I hope you can learn to live without this seemingly useless feature.

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

Around the Network

No, I know that you can play with friends. I never said you couldn't, I was just complaining about the against anyone mode. And for my idea thats what the two options would be for. One is noncompetitive so you don't get ranked, the other is. And IMO people in general spend too much time worrying about hurting other peoples feelings. I understand from a marketing perspective precisely where the current approach comes from, especially when you've got so many kids playing Halo online and getting raped. Its horrible.

Edit your signature or you will be banned. Aww :(

And i've been staying up till midnight waiting for updates since early last summer, I hope I'm not misinformed!

I have to stay up until 2 AM. But I haven't been awake long, so oh well.

If you've been staying up for the updates since summer, how is this online stuff news to you?

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

It isn't news to me, I just wanted to get other peoples opinions on the online mode, so I posted mine.

online mode is awesome! I don't care about leaderboards.

OMG UPDAIT R LAET!!!

Digg VGChartz!

Double post =[ *sob*

Digg VGChartz!

Yeah, I hate it when the updates are late.