By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Smash Bros. Brawl Official Updates

!

Around the Network

I always wanted a capt. falcon/ tom nook hybrid character

^Who honestly didn't?

I honestly didn't. lol

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

naznatips said:
I like Bacon said:
L.C.E.C. said:
I have a little hope for Banjo Kazooie though...

Doesn't Microsoft own him?

Yes, and there isn't a chance in hell they would sell Nintendo the rights to anything that would boost the sales of Brawl.  

It wouldn't boost the sales of Brawl, it'd only boost the sales of the dead series Banjo Kazooie if anything. But a snowballs chance in hell that he's in. Even though i'd love to see him playable, he'd be a great character too :(.

I have a feeling Luigi's Down-B is going to be the vacuum cleaner from Luigi's Manison since Mario got Fludd. Down-A will be the tornado for both.

And a sweet stage idea ontop of pictochat would be a DS connection to it where someone can draw stuff you fight on. Man that'd be crazy if that happened. HIGHLY doubtful though :(.

Around the Network

XD @ that Captain Falcon. I love how it says Saturday November 24, 2007 on it.

naznatips said:

Pretty sure all rights to Ryu are owned by Microsoft right now.

Edit: Nvm, I thought you meant Ryu Hayabusa from Ninja Gaiden, but the SF one is very low odds too.

Just gonna say this right now, the fact that Nintendo didn't ask for Mega Man suggests they didn't ask for anyone else.  No more 3rd party characters.

Ryu from Ninja Gaiden? Seems unlikely to me.Ninja Gaiden Sigma did make its way to the PS3 and the old Ninja Gaiden games made their way to the VC. I would imagine Microsoft would try and strop both of those ventures before trying to stop the character from popping up into a new game. Not going to happen either way though.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Chozo said:
BCrayfish said:
naznatips said:
I'm guessing they will be near clones.

That's what I think is happening too.

I see Ness and Lucas as having Luigi and Mario thing, where they are very similar move sets with only a few differences between them.

Neither Lucas nor Ness gets PK Fire, Thunder, Starstorm, etc in their respective games. Most of their Earthbound/Mother3 powers are healing related, so I guess their current moves were borrowed from other characters in their games to flesh them out a bit. We don’t know Ness’ B moves yet, but I don’t see them changing much as every other returning character’s moves have stayed relatively the same.

Otherwise the main differences seem to be in their smash attacks and the rope snake. In Mother 3 Lucas never uses a yo-yo which accounts for his different smash attacks, while Ness probably won’t get a chance to use the rope snake as it's exclusive to Mother 3.

I had to finally make an account just so I could correct this. Ness did actually learn Starstorm α in Earthbound. It was Poo who used Starstorm α and Ω.

I remember Poo getting both Starstorms, but I don't ever remember Ness learning α. Was there something specific you had to do to unlock it? I know it's not based on level since I actually spent the time to max those for each character, but if you got it from a side quest or something then there's a chance I could have missed it.

Is there a reason to use it over Ness' PK special?

CIHYFS?

clones aren't too bad... I think they should just make the "costumes" change more... Like DK jr should be "costume" of DK (kinda like what they did with daisy/peach

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

am i the only one that liked mewtwo :(