By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Smash Bros. Brawl Official Updates

Update: Pikmin and Olimar

Goodness! Captain Olimar joins the fray with five colours of Pikmin in tow! He plucks Pikmin from the ground and they fight as his allies.

Without Pikmin, Olimar can’t even do a Smash Attack. And the short-lived Pikmin tend to scatter. Theirs is a fated symbiotic relationship.

Music: Pikmin: World Map

Choosing Pikmin music is a rather difficult thing to do. In trying to find a song that would be remembered by those who played the game...

I thought about areas that everyone would visit when starting and ending play, and thus chose this song.

Its arrangement came together in a very smooth and lovely way. It conveys the remarkable Pikmin world. It’s nice.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

Bah I made a prediction after the update was out and it was incorrect. In other news, this is epic!

You were half right. We did get music.

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

not quite the character I was hoping for, but still cool to see a new character

This pretty much confirms Pikmin 3 is coming soon.

Around the Network
Galaki said:
This pretty much confirms Pikmin 3 is coming soon.

Lol not really.  It doesnt confirm anything but the fact that he is in Brawl.  Many Ninty characters are in Smash that have not been in a Nintendo game in decades and others are in Nintendo games every couple months.  Although I do think there is a Pikmin 3 in development, I dont think this confirms it.

Once again, sick ass update.  the next 23 days just got a little longer. 

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

This is awesome. Great Update. This combo was one of my top expected new comers. I hope he has a really impressive original moveset.

I REALLY like that music. 

need a bit more info about him to actually understand what the hell he actually can do

Wow this is better than Megaman IMHO! Wonder how a Pikmin stage will look like... I bet it must be pretty hilarious to see Olimar fight, using the pikmin as projectiles or sword or whip.. it will turn out very interesting that's for sure... I predict Olimar's special moves for tomorrow.

WOW i think we all kind of predicted this .....