By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Smash Bros. Brawl Official Updates

January 10th......no wait....TOMORROW!

Around the Network

hey, quick question. Has anyone else seen this boxart, and is it official, or is it just a mockup?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7849705&st=Smash+Bros+Brawl&lp=1&type=product&cp=1&id=1142300186624

just curious 

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

So do you guys think that the metroid dragon thing (sorry I don't know the games that well... but the one everyone wanted as a character), will just be the boss for a level of the adventure mode and nothing else?

That is the official boxart and the Japenese one was a little different with clouds on the top or sopmething.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

student said:
So do you guys think that the metroid dragon thing (sorry I don't know the games that well... but the one everyone wanted as a character), will just be the boss for a level of the adventure mode and nothing else?

Ridley will be a boss im quite sure

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Around the Network
pichu_pichu said:
what are those smash signs on the left side of the screenshot?
are they your lives...or something?

It's taking too much place of the screen to be lives. And considering it's co-op both players will have different sets of lives right? So I'm guessing it's another collectible item (it's a platform game afterall) or it could be something new. Didn't they mention it would have a unique battle system in adventure mode. My guess is that it's related to the battle system.

Grey Acumen said:

hey, quick question. Has anyone else seen this boxart, and is it official, or is it just a mockup?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7849705&st=Smash+Bros+Brawl&lp=1&type=product&cp=1&id=1142300186624

just curious

Yes, that is the boxart. That image was first shown I believe in early October. So it's old.

Hey Rubang, did you see the pillows that look like the mario cap, luigi cap, question block, and goomba? When you punch the goomba it makes the mario jump sound and when you hit the question/coin block it makes the coin sound. I would kill for those.

Holy crap I haven't seen those. I've seen the cap pillows, and I've seen the sound effect keychain things, but not sound-making pillows. I too would kill for those.

I can't wait to to get surprised by some badass bosses I don't expect. I kind of want the updates to stop. I think I already know too much. I wonder how many bosses there will be. I wonder if there will be one per franchise. I wonder if there will be any Fox-related bosses, since Andross is already an assist trophy. There's too much for me to wonder about. I'm so damn pumped.

Favorite Companies: Nintendo, Blizzard, Valve.
Recent New Favorites: Grasshopper, Atlus. (R.I.P. Clover.)
Heroes/Homies: Shigeru Miyamoto, Gunpei Yokoi, Will Wright, Eric Chahi, Suda51, Brian Eno, David Bowie.
Haiku Group: Haiku Hell.
Nemeses: Snesboy, fkusumot. 
GameDaily Article that Interviewed Me: Console Defense Forces.

i want a double update NOW and zeldas fs.