By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Smash Bros. Brawl Official Updates

The Pity Final Smash is something I didn't know at least.  And the song is pretty sweet.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

Really?

I could have sworn I heard about a pity Smash before....

Pity Final Smash...is that like...if im getting pwned in a fight, I get a few life and final smash? I dont get it.

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

Pity Smash, if you're getting your butt kicked (losing multiple matches in a row) the next time you reappear, you'll be instantly able to do a Final Smash.

I like the idea that you can fumble the smash ball. That will make things frantic.

My End of 2008 Hardware Predictions (console only):

Wii : 50 million

360: 28 million

PS3: 24 million

These predictions were made on January 3rd and won't be revised

LINK

^Yeah, kinda. Let's say that I'm pwning you massively, killing you 10 times in a row without being touched. In your next revive, you'll appear with the Final Smash ready to be fired without the need of a Smash Ball.

But obviously I'll dodge it and you'll die again.

Around the Network

X (エックス, Ekkusu?), was an early three-dimensional (3-D) game developed and released for Nintendo's Game Boy platform. It was developed by Argonaut Software, famous for developing Star Fox, the first three-dimensional game for the Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES).

History

The game was originally going to be published by Mindscape, but Nintendo was so impressed by the game (because they didn't believe 3-D graphics were possible on their Game Boy system) that they picked up the project.

The game was originally going to be called Eclipse or Lunar Chase, but Nintendo president Hiroshi Yamauchi renamed the game X.

The Japanese magazine Famitsu listed X as one of the four most influential Game Boy games ever created, as it was the first 3-D game for a portable system in Japan (a simpler 3d game called Faceball 2000 was released a year earlier in the USA).

X was a space shooter in the same vein as Argonaut's Star Fox. The text shown reads "Move the + [cross] button [control pad] up and down to control your speed!"

The programmer and designer, Dylan Cuthbert, now runs Q-Games, a small games developer in Kyoto, Japan. The director of the project on the Nintendo side was Yoshio Sakamoto, already famous for inventing Samus and the Metroid series, he then went on to develop WarioWare, Inc. amongst others.

Trivia

* Totaka's Song was found in this game's code. The method to access it is currently unknown. This makes it the earliest known appearance of it in a Nintendo game, because X was the first project he composed music for at Nintendo.

* The background music played during the first tunnel scene a player enters was added to Club Nintendo Japan's Luigi - B-Side Music album.

* A song from the game, referenced as 'Tunnel Scene', will be included as one of many classic soundtracks in NIntendo's upcoming Wii title Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

hum... pity final smash is pretty interesting. I do not think they have announced that little detail, and the song seems a bit interesting. However, i am getting tired of recieving updates on information that has been leaked from E for all. At least give us a new character update because we havent had one of those in like 4 weeks.

Interesting. Not bad overall I suppose.

If You Give a Smasher a Muffin
November 28th, 2007 @ 3:32 pm by kirbykid
Posted in Dojo Updates

To understand this conceit (extended metaphor) you have to understand a few key analogies.

Muffins = Dojo updates

We, Smashers, have gotten quite used to our morning muffins. Five times a week, we’re treated to muffins of a variety of flavors. Character muffins. Item muffins. Stage muffins. Sometimes, we wake up and fine several kinds of muffins all delivered to us at once: a virtual basket of multifarious treats. Yet, in this state so graciously supported by the Muffin Man himself, we have grown greedy. Though our muffins are delivered free of cost to our homes every morning, we complain and desire more. Some have expressed the desire for Full-motion-Video milk to accompany every muffin. Others have developed an addiction to a limited flavor of muffin like Character muffins.

For those of us who feel that the recent string of muffins have been a little stale, and unsatisfying, allow me to shed some light on the situation. We have done ourselves a great disservice, and I fear the Muffin Man’s kindness is to blame. About a month ago, the Muffin Man invited people to tour the Muffin Factory at a special event called Muffins-4-all. A limited number of us got the golden opportunity to attend. At this event, hundreds of previously unknown muffins were revealed to the world in such a short time, and we consumed them all. Now, when the Muffin Man sends us such muffins by morning, the magic and the appreciation is gone.

Perhaps the only thing that can remedy our predicament is when we shall inherit the Factory on February 10th. Then we’ll be able to eat all the muffins our stomaches and minds can hold.

Do you know the Muffin Man? He’s hard at work at the Muffin factory for our future.

In other words, for those who like to complain…. suck it up.

http://smashboards.com/blog/2007/11/28/if-you-give-a-smasher-a-muffin/

Dec. 05 Wed. 2007

The Battle for the Smash Ball

A Smash Ball appears! The tension rises. Since it gives you an attack as powerful as the name Final Smash implies, everyone will battle to the death to get it.

There it is! Get it! Get it!

You can’t get the Smash Ball by simply touching it. You have to bash it and smash it many times until the player who breaks the Smash Ball gets it.

The Smash Ball’s endurance diminishes with each hit and with time.

How should you pursue it? Even this becomes a battle.

Yes! I got it!

Once a character gets it and begins glowing on standby, he or she just does a standard special move to unleash the Final Smash. Just press the B Button without any directional input.

It depends on the particular Final Smash, but simply pressing the button at a random time or place might not work to your advantage.

Some can be dodged fairly well...

So pick a position that your move will strike from. Or create conditions under which you will definitely hit your foes. Do all of this while glowing on standby.

Now just jump up and fire off that Final Smash!

However, if the character on standby gets hit, he or she may fumble the Smash Ball!

Even if someone has it,
all it takes is some aggressive offense...!

Do you use it as soon as you get it? Or save it for later? Do you run from an enemy who got it? Or do you chase him? You’ll need instant situational decision-making!

And then there’s an element known as the Pity Final Smash. Once a significant point advantage is reached, the losing player is given a bonus chance. When you get this, you will reappear after a KO in Final Smash standby mode.

It’s OK to give this out, isn’t it?

Now, if you don’t want to use Final Smashes whatsoever, you can restrict the appearance of this item in the Item Switch. If you just turn Smash Balls off, you’ll be set.

The game-changing Final Smash. Using it is fun. Running from it is fun, too.

Favorite Companies: Nintendo, Blizzard, Valve.
Recent New Favorites: Grasshopper, Atlus. (R.I.P. Clover.)
Heroes/Homies: Shigeru Miyamoto, Gunpei Yokoi, Will Wright, Eric Chahi, Suda51, Brian Eno, David Bowie.
Haiku Group: Haiku Hell.
Nemeses: Snesboy, fkusumot. 
GameDaily Article that Interviewed Me: Console Defense Forces.