By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Smash Bros. Brawl Official Updates

xD I like that DonWii. Its true though. I mean, we dont get these insane updates for any other game out there. And we are complaining about getting info on one of the most anticipated game on next year?! We have been greedy!

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

Around the Network

I think Pity Final Smashes are a nice touch, and I love the music, but I think the best news is that they're gonna use music from games that are otherwise not represented in Brawl. That's so awesome. Who knows what they'll use now!?!? The possibilities have become EVEN MORE LIMITLESS! Best obscure update since the Devil World Assist Trophy. That was sweetness. So much fanservice in this game, especially for the super Nintendo historian nerd types like me. I'm gobbling all this up. I'm gonna pop.

I don't need any more muffins. I can wait until February without another update. Knowing that there's Snake, Sonic, online, Devil World, Andross, and Excitebike ATs, Ashley's Theme, and that amazing Donkey Kong megamix, I'm content. CONTENT AS HELL.

Favorite Companies: Nintendo, Blizzard, Valve.
Recent New Favorites: Grasshopper, Atlus. (R.I.P. Clover.)
Heroes/Homies: Shigeru Miyamoto, Gunpei Yokoi, Will Wright, Eric Chahi, Suda51, Brian Eno, David Bowie.
Haiku Group: Haiku Hell.
Nemeses: Snesboy, fkusumot. 
GameDaily Article that Interviewed Me: Console Defense Forces.

Rubang B said:

Dec. 05 Wed. 2007

The Battle for the Smash Ball

A Smash Ball appears! The tension rises. Since it gives you an attack as powerful as the name Final Smash implies, everyone will battle to the death to get it.

There it is! Get it! Get it!

You can’t get the Smash Ball by simply touching it. You have to bash it and smash it many times until the player who breaks the Smash Ball gets it.

The Smash Ball’s endurance diminishes with each hit and with time.

How should you pursue it? Even this becomes a battle.

Yes! I got it!

Once a character gets it and begins glowing on standby, he or she just does a standard special move to unleash the Final Smash. Just press the B Button without any directional input.

It depends on the particular Final Smash, but simply pressing the button at a random time or place might not work to your advantage.

Some can be dodged fairly well...

So pick a position that your move will strike from. Or create conditions under which you will definitely hit your foes. Do all of this while glowing on standby.

Now just jump up and fire off that Final Smash!

However, if the character on standby gets hit, he or she may fumble the Smash Ball!

Even if someone has it,
all it takes is some aggressive offense...!

Do you use it as soon as you get it? Or save it for later? Do you run from an enemy who got it? Or do you chase him? You’ll need instant situational decision-making!

And then there’s an element known as the Pity Final Smash. Once a significant point advantage is reached, the losing player is given a bonus chance. When you get this, you will reappear after a KO in Final Smash standby mode.

It’s OK to give this out, isn’t it?

Now, if you don’t want to use Final Smashes whatsoever, you can restrict the appearance of this item in the Item Switch. If you just turn Smash Balls off, you’ll be set.

The game-changing Final Smash. Using it is fun. Running from it is fun, too.

Update bump.  I don't know how to embed the music though.

Heroes/Homies: Shigeru Miyamoto, Gunpei Yokoi, Will Wright, Eric Chahi, Suda51, Brian Eno, David Bowie.

"X: Tunnel Scene" (1:00)

Composition Supervisor: Kazumi Totaka

Arrangement Supervisor: Yusuke Takahama

• The copyright for this music is held by Nintendo.
• Check your volume settings.

My song choices for this game were made very carefully after surveying song popularity, using opinions submitted to the Smash Bros. web site and listening to the songs themselves.

But there are also some songs I added based entirely on my own whims. This one song is from a Japan-only Game Boy game called X. If a song is good, that’s enough for me.

Of course, there is no X stage in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, but this time, the songs in Smash Bros. aren’t limited only to those series represented by characters and stages. We’ve pulled some that are from completely unrelated games.

Can you expect to hear this song or that song? You’ll just have to wait and see.

EDIT: Yay!  I got the music embedded.  If anyone noticed.... >.< 

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

I predicted music and it came! And I predicted an item too so I was soo close to being 100%.

How groovy is that music?! Even though I've never heard of X.

Around the Network

Man the fact that ANY game is possible for music now is just blowing my mind. We already have 4 Zelda themes and 4 Mario themes from these 2 pictures:

And they've announced 14 more now. That's 18 jams SO FAR, and some of the franchises don't even have a single song yet. I can't wait to here what ridiculous Sonic megamix(es) they throw in there.

They threw in a couple bonus jams in Melee, as alternate themes, like the Balloon Fight theme as the alternate for the Ice Climbers' stage and whatnot, but this is getting nuts, especially with the customization features. Man I hope the Balloon Fight music comes back. That music is reason enough to buy Band Bros., which I highly recommend. This music is driving me mad! I love it!

And it's confirmed smash balls can be turned off.

Here guys, the original X: Tunnel music

http://youtube.com/watch?v=3jMLoi6IYdU

The music update is amazing, music from all kinds of games on any Nintendo console! This also explains certain composers of certain games being confirmed though.

I have no idea what kind of game X is or on what console for that matter, but I bet they will have Megaman music, SF2 music, hmmmm

Thanks for the link SeriousWB! Now I know it's a GB game. I can't see the purpose of the game though and the music is obviously rearranged.