By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Smash Bros. Brawl Official Updates

I'm actually not surprised by the Zelda info, since i expected her to be in the game anyways. I wouldn't be surprised if we see more new character info like peach, bowser, DK and Yoshi as i expect all of them to make it into the game as starting characters.

If they show off brand new characters (like pit or meta knight are), on the web before E3, or some other trailer, then I'd be surprised.

I also personally don't care if Midna makes it into the game or not, but if she did, then she would have to be her own character.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Around the Network

So the confirmed roster is up to 12 characters, right?

Mario
Link
Pikachu
Kirby
Fox
Samus
Zelda
Wario
Pit
Meta-Knight
Zero Suit Samus
Snake

I hope that fairly soon we get confirmation on Game and Watch, Ice Climbers or another character whose return is not certain.

DK, Yoshi, Luigi, Bowser, Peach, Ness, Marth, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, Captain Falcon... I have a hard time seeing any of those being cut... I suppose there's been talk of Ninten replacing Ness, but I wouldn't know the difference. I just want every different unique moveset to return, with 8-12 new movesets as well.

Also... The stages look awesome! The Star Fox stage is going to be one giant Nintendorgasm.

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

I have a hard time believing that Ice Climbers and Mr. Game and Watch are going to make it back in the game. I loved Mr. Game and Watch but don't see him returning and Ice Climbers, well, they just blow hard.

Erik Aston said:
So the confirmed roster is up to 12 characters, right?

Mario
Link
Pikachu
Kirby
Fox
Samus
Zelda
Wario
Pit
Meta-Knight
Zero Suit Samus
Snake

I hope that fairly soon we get confirmation on Game and Watch, Ice Climbers or another character whose return is not certain.

DK, Yoshi, Luigi, Bowser, Peach, Ness, Marth, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, Captain Falcon... I have a hard time seeing any of those being cut... I suppose there's been talk of Ninten replacing Ness, but I wouldn't know the difference. I just want every different unique moveset to return, with 8-12 new movesets as well.

Also... The stages look awesome! The Star Fox stage is going to be one giant Nintendorgasm.

They will never replace Ness. He's the director of Brawls favorite character.

twesterm said:
I have a hard time believing that Ice Climbers and Mr. Game and Watch are going to make it back in the game. I loved Mr. Game and Watch but don't see him returning and Ice Climbers, well, they just blow hard.

(Ice Climbers x 4) + Giant Melee + Super 'Shrooms + Mute City = awesome, silly fun.

At least the first 65 times.

Ice Climbers are actually pretty good characters, until the wife dies. They're way better than G&W, who is just there for comic value.

I expect you're right, and those two characters will be cut. Its my hope that only the clones will be cut, however.

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

Around the Network
twesterm said:

Sakurai loves Ice Climbers, so they are pretty likely to come back. Thats all it really take. Ness is supposivly the same way.

Also, woot for Zelda, even if her hair is brown for some reason.

EB Games & Game Stop have Super Smash Brothers Brawl (in the USA) for a Sept 1, 2007 release date..

Previously, Metroid Prime was given an Aug 1 release date on EB Games & Game Stop..and it is now known to be coming out Aug 20...

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

Turns out her hair is brown in Twilight Princess

Character Model

Therefore September 20!

hehe...either way...I'm expecting this game to come out in November...if this game came out in September I'd be in heaven.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

BenKenobi88 said:
Therefore September 20!

hehe...either way...I'm expecting this game to come out in November...if this game came out in September I'd be in heaven.

comes out in september with online?

*SPLURGE*

oh man we'd have some heated SSBB battles on this site.

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY