By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Official NPD April 2008 Thread

FishyJoe said:
Damn, MK beat GTAIV PS3???

Yes, since the install base is bigger

Around the Network

these numbers are emotional.

BKK2 said:
Minutes prior to NPD Group's release of monthly U.S. game sales data, Microsoft has revealed it has sold 188,000 Xbox 360s sold in April; GTA IV on 360 tops software charts.
ImageMicrosoft said that U.S. Xbox 360 sales now total 10.1 million, with 19 million sold worldwide. The console launched in November 2005.

Sony PlayStation 3 figures have yet to be revealed, but a press statement from Microsoft said that Xbox 360 "continues to outsell PS3."

Ouch, those are pretty shit sales.

The "continues to outsell" bit is probably some weird combination of revenue from hardware and software but only when counting 3rd party developers whose names begin with the letter M, S, or T.

To Each Man, Responsibility
kingofwale said:
BKK2 said:
Minutes prior to NPD Group's release of monthly U.S. game sales data, Microsoft has revealed it has sold 188,000 Xbox 360s sold in April; GTA IV on 360 tops software charts.
ImageMicrosoft said that U.S. Xbox 360 sales now total 10.1 million, with 19 million sold worldwide. The console launched in November 2005.

Sony PlayStation 3 figures have yet to be revealed, but a press statement from Microsoft said that Xbox 360 "continues to outsell PS3."

Ouch, those are pretty shit sales.

Kinda wonder what they mean by "continues" to outself PS3... since when?

I'm waiting before the OFFICIAL number before commenting. People needs to chill for a second here.

Chill? If this is true GAME OVER!

We desperatly need Dolla Lolla love and GIFS

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

Around the Network

wow, then nintendo destroyed Sony & MS in the gta 4 month! amazing!

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"

@BKK2:

O_O

RolStoppable said:
This means we are in for another furious anti-Wii month?

They'll be too busy eating their crow to say much after last month's fiasco.  Though I do hope to hear more Wii Doomsday, there's not much they can say when Wii sold so much in the face of GTAIV and Mario Kart beat PS3 GTAIV.

If they do decide to hate, it'd be fun to watch.

i'm getting sicker as each number comes in, i might vomit.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

If anything, May is going to be even more lopsided as the Wii Fit is coming.