By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Official NPD April 2008 Thread

Canada leans more heavily towards Nintendo than the US usually.

Around the Network

so hmmm... where's NPD's number?

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

Wii:714,000

MK Wii got 2nd best seller of the month not GTA IV PS3.

this is NIntendo's press release about it:

Wii™ emerged as the top-selling console in April, according to the independent NPD Group, which tracks U.S. video game sales. Wii sold more than 714,000 units in April alone, bringing its lifetime sales in the United States to more than 9.5 million.

“Wii sales were buoyed in part by the strong launch of Mario Kart Wii, which sold more than 1.1 million units,” said Cammie Dunaway, Nintendo of America’s executive vice president of Sales & Marketing. “Our belief in appealing to a broad, diverse audience of players continues to resonate with consumers, and we look forward to continuing our outreach to an expanded audience with the launch of Wii Fit next week.”

Other Nintendo highlights from April’s NPD report include:

* Mario Kart® Wii finished as the No. 2 game of the month.
* Six of the top 10 games of the month are for Nintendo systems: Mario Kart Wii (No. 2), Wii Play™ (No. 4), Super Smash Bros.® Brawl (No. 5), Pokémon® Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Darkness (No. 7), Pokémon® Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time (No. 8) and Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock (No. 9).
* Super Smash Bros. Brawl crossed the 3 million sales mark in the United States.
* Wii and Nintendo DS™ again finished as the two top-selling hardware systems.

RolStoppable said:
kingofwale said:

They haven't been released yet. All we have at the moment is Nintendo's early press release. The complete NPD numbers should be available in 15-30 minutes.

ahhh, good old PR spin before the number. Wake me up with the actual number comes.

Hmmm, funny it's pretty quite from Microsoft after their "first console selling 10 million wins" comment yesterday. Sony is keeping its month shut 

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Around the Network

It's only a couple minutes before. I'm not sure if I consider that a pre-release.

kingofwale said:
RolStoppable said:
kingofwale said:

They haven't been released yet. All we have at the moment is Nintendo's early press release. The complete NPD numbers should be available in 15-30 minutes.

ahhh, good old PR spin before the number. Wake me up with the actual number comes.

Hmmm, funny it's pretty quite from Microsoft after their "first console selling 10 million wins" comment yesterday. Sony is keeping its month shut

Sony being quite means trouble.

kingofwale said:
RolStoppable said:
kingofwale said:

they better, their biggest game got outsold by a man with a funny mustache on a kart.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

@ kingofwale: What is there to spin!?

Minutes prior to NPD Group's release of monthly U.S. game sales data, Microsoft has revealed it has sold 188,000 Xbox 360s sold in April; GTA IV on 360 tops software charts.
ImageMicrosoft said that U.S. Xbox 360 sales now total 10.1 million, with 19 million sold worldwide. The console launched in November 2005.

Sony PlayStation 3 figures have yet to be revealed, but a press statement from Microsoft said that Xbox 360 "continues to outsell PS3."

The hefty Xbox 360 software attach rate continues in April, with 7.6 games sold per console.

Citing NPD data, Microsoft said that Xbox 360 titles accounted for $186 million of all third-party game sales this generation, or 53 percent of share.

The Xbox 360 version of Grand Theft Auto IV captured the top slot for the month in console software sales.

Internal Microsoft data says that Xbox 360 consoles saw a 54 percent lift week-on-week following GTA IV's launch, with retailers reporting about 40 percent of Xbox 360 consoles sold with a copy of Rockstar's latest title

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.