By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Official NPD April 2008 Thread

err, 188k in april? that CANT be right. 360 am doomed if true

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Around the Network

Source:

http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=10512&Itemid=2

Wii(714K) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>X360(188K)>PS3

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

no seriously, that cannot be right lol

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

188.000 no way ... next gen doomed confirmed :(

celine said:

Source:

http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=10512&Itemid=2

Wii(714K) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>X360(188K)>PS3

HOLY SH*T!!!! That is what you call an ass whoopin!!!

Around the Network

It cant be true....NOOOOO!

I agree with Neos. There is no way the Wii outsold the 360 and PS3 by 5 to 1. There must be some mix-up.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Minutes prior to NPD Group's release of monthly U.S. game sales data, Microsoft has revealed it has sold 188,000 Xbox 360s sold in April; GTA IV on 360 tops software charts.
ImageMicrosoft said that U.S. Xbox 360 sales now total 10.1 million, with 19 million sold worldwide. The console launched in November 2005.

Sony PlayStation 3 figures have yet to be revealed, but a press statement from Microsoft said that Xbox 360 "continues to outsell PS3."

Ouch, those are pretty shit sales.

zeross said:
188.000 no way ... next gen doomed confirmed :(

Doomed how? The Wii is selling at an amazing pace showing the "next-gen" consoles can sell quite well.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

BKK2 said:
Minutes prior to NPD Group's release of monthly U.S. game sales data, Microsoft has revealed it has sold 188,000 Xbox 360s sold in April; GTA IV on 360 tops software charts.
ImageMicrosoft said that U.S. Xbox 360 sales now total 10.1 million, with 19 million sold worldwide. The console launched in November 2005.

Sony PlayStation 3 figures have yet to be revealed, but a press statement from Microsoft said that Xbox 360 "continues to outsell PS3."

Ouch, those are pretty shit sales.

Kinda wonder what they mean by "continues" to outself PS3... since when?

I'm waiting before the OFFICIAL number before commenting.  People needs to chill for a second here. 

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)