By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Official NPD April 2008 Thread

Keep your eyes on Matt C on IGN Wii...usually has some early info.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

Around the Network

Oh yeah. Fanboy day of the month today.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

MS PR -------> ps3> 360

I expect at least 600k for the wii, close to 300k for the ps3 and at least 280k for the 360

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
DMeisterJ said:
So is GTA IV in this data? Also, is MK Wii in this data?

were GTA IV and MK Wii released in April?

Anyways, I expect at least 700k for the Wii. I have a feeling VGChartz undertracked on MK Wii Week. This is based on claims from ToysRus that they had more stock than ever before.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Around the Network

Should be interesting, especially given the blurt about "reached 10 million first in NA" recently. Odds are Wii--->PS360 or at least nearly.

So is this really abut 2:20 till now, or is it like almost every other week where it comes up an hour later?

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Alright. I can't wait to see this numbers. I wonder if there will be a backlash against Nintendo or GTA, like there was against the Wii last week after the NPD numbers were released.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

ioi said:
DMeisterJ said:

READ THE PREVIEW !!

Well, I didn't see it cause it was bumped off of the front page

It is, okay then.  

So do we expect Wii > DS > PS3 > 360 > PSP?

nordlead said:
DMeisterJ said:

were GTA IV and MK Wii released in April?

Anyways, I expect at least 700k for the Wii. I have a feeling VGChartz undertracked on MK Wii Week. This is based on claims from ToysRus that they had more stock than ever before.

Well, I didn't know if it counted since the week ended after the month was over... I'm always confused when the month ends, then the week ends.