By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox 360 fanatic spends thousands to play games on a Sony TV

so he owns Bomberman and Vampire Rain??? WHHHHYYYYYYY!!!

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Around the Network

ZOMG he plays his 360 on a SONY TV, BLASPHEMY! wait, you're saying microsoft don't make tv's?

Seriously don't get the point of this thread, considering MS don't make TV's and Sony make great TV's, this thread fails?

That's a pretty big collection though.

I dont think the thread fails, the guy could have bought a TV made by another manufacturer, or one thats partnered with Microsoft, which there is one, I just dont remember right now. There was a stupid video up about it with the Majors Minute, I think its Toshiba.

Anyways, what really fails is your signature. You think Microsoft and Sony wont sell more then 3-4 million units in the next 7 months but Nintendo will sell 10 million?

Anyways, OT, still funny to see.

I own all three current consoles and a great gaming rig, now thats out of the way.

This space Reserved for the Nuggets of Wisdom dropped by Bladeforce:

"Why post something like this when all it will get is PS3 owners blinded to reality replying? BOTH THE PS3 AND BLUE-RAY WILL NOT LAST 3 YEARS! TECHNOLOGY CHANGED TOO FAST!"

"is it Wii FIt that has sold as many as PS3's sold? Thats a LOL Look at the total sales of software is it just me that sees Nintendo titles hitting 10m+ and you say they arent making a difference? Another LOL!"

"Hell, with all the negative hype Sony spin, people just aren't interested cost is too high and to get the true HD experience (1080p, 7.1 surround) you will need a $1000+ system. THAT IS GOING TO DO IT IN A RECESSION! PS4 will not happen"

sooo aha just cuz he likes the 360 dosent mean he has to hate their competitors

|_emmiwinks said:
I dont think the thread fails, the guy could have bought a TV made by another manufacturer, or one thats partnered with Microsoft, which there is one, I just dont remember right now. There was a stupid video up about it with the Majors Minute, I think its Toshiba.

Anyways, what really fails is your signature. You think Microsoft and Sony wont sell more then 3-4 million units in the next 7 months but Nintendo will sell 10 million?

Anyways, OT, still funny to see.

What is wrong with wanting a good TV?Sony makes some of the best TVs and he wants to enjoy his games on a good TV.just casue he owns 360 ,he should automatically be considered anti Sony?I have a PS3 and use windows XP on my PC,,,,just casue I enjoy gaming on my PS3 I shouldn't be anti microsoft.

Around the Network

I play both my PS3 and 360 on a Mitsubishi TV ! Is that a sin?? should I repent?

Seriously Rock

Oh I run MS Windows XP on my VAIO!!! Oh nos, it's going to explode!!

damn i guess i'll have to throw my 56 inch full 1080p $5000 sony bravia tv out the window now because i play my 360 on it. Damn i should have bought a MS tv. wait they don't have one. even if they did then the sony fanboys would be like this is another attack on sony.

in the next 8 days i will have about 15 wii and gc games with my own wii console and i think that is huge collection but this.

|_emmiwinks said:

I've got this thing, it's called standing by what I said. My predictions, much like many people on this site, were made at the end of last year, when we knew the figures back then. Obviously my values weren't thoroughly thought out and I'll probably be wrong, but that doesn't mean I'm going to change my signature. What fails is that you come onto this forum with a lack of understanding of the way things are done (people make predictions and some are much more ridiculous then mine, but I respect their right to predict) and post nothing but trash.

What does fail is that you chose to point out the bottom end of the scale (I did say between 16 AND 18 million for the PS3) for 360 and PS3 and then you chose to point out the top end of the scale for my wii predictions (I said between 30 AND 36 million).

In case you failed at math:

Current sales vs my predictions

- Wii is at 25.87m at the moment, so for me to be right they have to sell between 4.2 (for 30m) and 10.20 (for 36m) by the end of 2008.

- 360 is at 18.89m at the moment, so for me to be right they have to sell between 4 (for 23mil) and 7 (for 26mil)

- PS3 is at 12.61 at the moment, so for me to be right they have to sell between 3.4 (for 16 million) and 5.4 (for 18mil).

So no I didn't say that PS3 and 360 had to sell between 3-4 million and Wii 10 million, I said PS3 between 3.4-5.4 million, 360 4-7 million and Wii 4.2 to 10 million.

May I remind you that these figures were 1) made at the start of the year and 2) MY predictions and not what will be the ACTUAL figures.

Nice try, but next time you join a forum and start posting, think first and understand that on a CONSOLE SALES WEBSITE people will PREDICT CONSOLE SALES, they may be right or they may be wrong, but they are entitled to make their predictions.

So does that mean you are going to rag on everyone's sig that doesn't have dead accurate (or even realistic) sales projections? 

PLEASE MAKE A COME BACK, I'd love to hear it.

By the way, I'm sure Rock_on would tell you himself, he's a PS3 fanboy, and while I don't have anything against that and respect his choice, many many many threads of his are heavily Sony biased, that is why I (and a few others here) have posted sarcastic responses.

Welcome to the forum |_emmiwinks, hopefully your future posts will be more constructive (and I say that knowing full well that my original post on this thread wasn't constructive, but neither was this thread to begin with).

I'm an Xbox fan and i got a Sony Bravia...

Current Consoles: Xbox 360 Elite, Playstation 2, Gaming Rig, Nintendo Wii, Playstation 3.

Xbox Live: Jessman_Aus - Playing: Ace Combat 6, Fifa 09

Playstation Network: Jessman_Aus - Playing: MGS4, Resistance 2

Wii Freind Code: 3513-9191-8534-3866 - Playing: SSBB

Brawl Code: 1590-6125-1250

Xfire: J3ssman - Playing: Fallout 3, Farcry 2

Jessman: Fears the Mangina