By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Halo 3 versus Call of Duty 4

Imperial said:
They should make an FPS out of the cell and call it "Cell" it would totaly own Gaylo and Apauling Duty 4.

Spoken like a true n00b. If someone said something bad about Nintendo and Mario they would get a ban.

BTW I think the Wii will no way reach 122 million by the end of the year. 42 million would be more like it. 

Around the Network

@ Lol at you Rock_on , your like a General in the SDF . I was only being sarcastic but i don't really care if you didn't realise.

I like the atmosphere in COD4 much more than the one from Halo 3

Desroko said:
It's not a secet. COD4 is better.

Shhhh.... don't tell everyone!

Atari 2600, Sega Mega Drive, Game Boy, Game Boy Advanced, N64, Playstation, Xbox, PSP Phat, PSP 3000, and PS3 60gb (upgraded to 320gb), NDS

Linux Ubuntu user

Favourite game: Killzone 3

Imperial said:
@ Lol at you Rock_on , your like a General in the SDF . I was only being sarcastic but i don't really care if you didn't realise.

Wow, you are so good at sarcasm. you must have a PhD in Psychology and Sarcastic Humour from the University of Sarcastic Behavioural Studies, studying under the legendary Professor McSarcasm, leading researcher on the UN World Wide Sarcasm Development Program.

[hint: i'm being sarcastic]

Atari 2600, Sega Mega Drive, Game Boy, Game Boy Advanced, N64, Playstation, Xbox, PSP Phat, PSP 3000, and PS3 60gb (upgraded to 320gb), NDS

Linux Ubuntu user

Favourite game: Killzone 3

Around the Network

More people are playing CoD4 on xbox live despite it selling fewer copies (so far) on 360. I think that about says it all. The single player CoD4 is awesome, too. CoD4 has sold a lot more than Halo 3 if you include the PS3...

windbane said:
More people are playing CoD4 on xbox live despite it selling fewer copies (so far) on 360. I think that about says it all. The single player CoD4 is awesome, too. CoD4 has sold a lot more than Halo 3 if you include the PS3...

and the PC for COD 4. PC has sold around one million copies of COD 4 I assume. Combined total of COD 4 would on all three platforms be around 10 million sold worldwide.

Rock_on_2008 said:

COD 4 campaign was a lot more of a challenge on the highest difficulty than Halo 3 on Legendary mode. multiplayer aspects of the games I would say COD 4 and Halo 3 are equal both are great online games.

Only if you don't use skulls.  Another reason Halo 3 is better is because you can really customize how hard you want campain to be.  Only a dozen people or so of the millions who bought it have ever completed Halo 3 Legendary completely solo with all the skulls on.  (At least that have connected to Live for stat tracking).

Hundreds of thousands of people have all the veteran achievements in COD4. 

If you just go by the base levels, you're right (except for a couple Halo sub-levels which are ridiculous on Legendary alone), but that's not the top difficulty level for Halo.

Can't we all just get along and play our games in peace?

fastyxx said:
Rock_on_2008 said:

COD 4 campaign was a lot more of a challenge on the highest difficulty than Halo 3 on Legendary mode. multiplayer aspects of the games I would say COD 4 and Halo 3 are equal both are great online games.

Only if you don't use skulls. Another reason Halo 3 is better is because you can really customize how hard you want campain to be. Only a dozen people or so of the millions who bought it have ever completed Halo 3 Legendary completely solo with all the skulls on. (At least that have connected to Live for stat tracking).

Hundreds of thousands of people have all the veteran achievements in COD4.

If you just go by the base levels, you're right (except for a couple Halo sub-levels which are ridiculous on Legendary alone), but that's not the top difficulty level for Halo.

Only 2 people have beat the game on Legendary with all skulls on.  It was posted on a Bungie weekly update about a week or two back.  I don't know why you would even want to try.  With the skull that starts over the level if you die and bash your way to health skull it wouldn't even be fun to try IMO :(

Completed X360:
High Def Movie Collection
Rock_on_2008 said:
windbane said:

and the PC for COD 4. PC has sold around one million copies of COD 4 I assume. Combined total of COD 4 would on all three platforms be around 10 million sold worldwide.

Plus Steam, which is probably another million...it was the number 1 selling game, even over Valve games, for like a month.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )