By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Halo 3 versus Call of Duty 4

i have sat down and seen me friend playing Halo and it looked fun, but i can not say anything about this topic to be fare cuz i have not played Halo.

I played Call of Duty on me pc and i did not get into it for some reason, i dont know why tho so

Around the Network

Halo 3 by a wide margin.

SamuelSmith -CoD4 stagnating? You know they just released a map pack in the past few weeks?? They do update the playlists occasionaly. (new/twist on old game modes)

I love the Halo series and have since the start I even have the special edition of Halo 2 but I have to admit that COD 4 rules over Halo 3.

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

I think Call of Duty 4 is better but I still like to play Halo 3.

Around the Network

I think CoD 4 is better in both SP and MP, but then again im more a fan or "realistic" shooters over "fantasy/scifi" shooters so.

I'll vote for Halo every time over COD4. Halo has plasma grenades :)

I like COD4 but here's my problems with it:

1. There's no meaningful ranking system, which means more unbalanced skill level matches. Sometimes I wanna play people my own ability.

2. Too much emphasis on who has the right setup for the game versus who can put themselves into a winning position. For example, last week I picked a shotgun setup, only to find my whole team did as well. By the time some people switched, we were way behind and getting airstriked to death, which leads to number 3 -

3. If I am dominating, I get airstrikes and helicopters to further my domination. Leads to unbalance. Matches can get out of hand quickly.

4. While the levelling system is addictive, it's pretty pointless in the long run.

Plus in favor of Halo 3, I love custom games/forge and I also like using the theater and taking screenshots. Also the level os stat detail available online at bungie.net is mindblowing. I like the matchmaking system better, and love the weekend playlists that change every week. There's always something new to do.

Both good games, but I'll take Halo.

Can't we all just get along and play our games in peace?

fastyxx said:

I like COD4 but here's my problems with it:

2. Too much emphasis on who has the right setup for the game versus who can put themselves into a winning position. For example, last week I picked a shotgun setup, only to find my whole team did as well. By the time some people switched, we were way behind and getting airstriked to death, which leads to number 3 -

3. If I am dominating, I get airstrikes and helicopters to further my domination. Leads to unbalance. Matches can get out of hand quickly.

I also find it does not matter if your entire team is full of good players, if all the players think the same then it just sucks, all the players use the same tactics and we all end up dieing.  You need a good selection of good and shitty players on each team, i found this was always the best set-up. 

And sometimes teams just click, every spot is always covered and their is nothing the other side can do, i have seen games of ground war where there second best player goes 6-26.  just today my entire team kept getting killed in a domination match on Downpour, i killed 7 heli's myself, it was not very fun

Slimebeast said:
Halo 3 isn't a very great game, but the single player beats CoD4.

In multiplayer CoD4 is better.

COD 4 campaign was a lot more of a challenge on the highest difficulty than Halo 3 on Legendary mode. multiplayer aspects of the games I would say COD 4 and Halo 3 are equal both are great online games.

They should make an FPS out of the cell and call it "Cell" it would totaly own Gaylo and Apauling Duty 4.