By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Tales of Vesperia PS3 Confirmed in '08

Would be great but if it released on 360 in August and came out on PS3 this year to, it's one hell of a short timed exclusive. Not even 6 months. Somehow this is a mistake me thinks.

Around the Network

I cant wait for this game. I loved Tales of Symphonia. There are already so many games for this holiday, people are going to have to break their budget for all this :)

ookaze said:
Trusty Bell for PS3 is still there in their list of releases for 2008.
But they couldn't announce ToV for the PS3 before it's even out for the XB360 in Japan, unless they wanted to send it to die.
It won't sell a lot on XB360 already, so if people know it will come to PS3 as well, it would be even worse, at least in Japan.

Oh yes, I was only checking that game contents list but notice the catalogue in your message and indeed saw Trusty Bell aka Eternal Sonata on the 3rd page. There's still some hope Too bad its unknown if the game will be released in Japan first or in the US as well. Or perhaps world wide. They knew this before when they pulled the joke by putting down a PS3 release for Trusty Bell before the 360 release, so why they do it again is really remarkable.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

A title that has no business being on xbox360, except... well, Microsoft paid them enough to be a 6 months time exclusive.

I don't see why Namco would announce the PS3 version BEFORE 360 version even came out, Microsoft would be furious about it. That's NOT how time exclusive works. You pretend it's an exclusive... until you can lie no longer and say it's coming also to another console.

Yeah, I'm not going to read all the posts.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

Here we go again.... "paid enough"... if that is the way you have to do everytime to draw games to your console, you're not really rising in popularity for me personally.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

Around the Network
*~Onna76~* said:
I HATE Bandai Namco for doing that all the time *angry*. By the way... where the hell is Eternal Sonata? They're not telling us that the game won't release before 2009 in Japan?! As then the West have to wait "longer" Not PS3 related, I see a Tales of game for on the DS to be released, titel unknown. @Windbane, don't tell me about it. The constant loading and the question if I want to run the plug in or not on every page I'm opening around here is really annoying.

yeah, I've been using it a lot lately...memory problems, old java/flash, no higlighting...ugh.

From Bandai Namco Officail Site

http://www.bandainamco.co.jp/

"Tales of  Vesperia" for PS3 is misprint.

If you need something about Japanese market from the perspective of Japanese, please contact me.

kingofwale said:
A title that has no business being on xbox360, except... well, Microsoft paid them enough to be a 6 months time exclusive.

I don't see why Namco would announce the PS3 version BEFORE 360 version even came out, Microsoft would be furious about it. That's NOT how time exclusive works. You pretend it's an exclusive... until you can lie no longer and say it's coming also to another console.

Yeah, I'm not going to read all the posts.

Actually thats not what the games producer stated. When he was asked why the game was on 360 and not PS3, he stated that when they started development of Tales of Vesperia the 360 was the only next console that Namco had development kits for. The team did not want to do another Tales game for PS2 and they didn't want to wait until the PS3 developments kits were released. He also stated that a PS3 version was possible in the future but they hadn't started on its development. I'm pretty sure that MS threw some cash Namco's way to keep them from starting on a PS3 version as soon as they received their final PS3 development kits though.

Did Microsoft strike them down for possibly announcing the PS3 version before the timed exclusivity ended? It wouldn't made sense for Namco Bandai to announce the PS3 port of ToV if the game is exclusively timed on the 360 for 6-12 months, that would defeat the purpose of Microsoft moneyhatting for ToV to move more Japanese Xbox360s and gain *some* credibility in Japan in the first place. I knew something was wrong, when was the last time we've even heard anything about the PS3 Eternal Sonata?

I don't know BBsin, I figured ES would be out on PS3 by now. Although, I think PS3 owners expecting the game to be a AAA RPG will be sorely disappointed. ES has great music and an exceptional battle system but the rest of the game falls flat.