By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Tales of Vesperia PS3 Confirmed in '08

I guess I have to focus more on Western RPG's as the Japanese really starting to let me down.... when can we expect the next Elder Scrolls game

@Magnific, oh well in my opinion everyone is entiteled to have an opinion, negative or not.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

Around the Network
Magnific0 said:
gebx, stop trolling, your 360 must be ready by now, unwrap the towel and play some more GTA4.

Bah, I'm stuck at work for another five and a half hours... then I'll play more GTA!! oh then I'll play some Ace Combat, and maybe a bit of Eternal Sonata...

Thanks Namco!

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

*~Onna76~* said:
Here we go again.... "paid enough"... if that is the way you have to do everytime to draw games to your console, you're not really rising in popularity for me personally.

It's not like that's for sure or anything.  That's what people are just saying the "paying off".  A direct payoff should be seeable on the company finance sheets.

It's like just how Sony "Pays off" people to get games on their console, by covering a lot of the expense.   If you've got that problem with 360, you've gotta have the same problem with Sony.

Nintendo is the only people who don't seem to be interested in paying for excluisves and most people see that as a negative. 

gebx said:
Magnific0 said:
gebx, stop trolling, your 360 must be ready by now, unwrap the towel and play some more GTA4.

Bah, I'm stuck at work for another five and a half hours... then I'll play more GTA!! oh then I'll play some Ace Combat, and maybe a bit of Eternal Sonata...

Thanks Namco

Of all the comments to reply to... you took that one. Why not defend your claims rather than get into another meaningless fanboy argument?

gebx said:
Magnific0 said:

Thanks Namco!

@Magnific... I'll take those words back, lets start hitting, shall we... @Soriku, not a fair chance, or else you have a lot of catching up to do @Kazs... Sony has said it themselves and I quote: We don't buy exclusive titles, we believe we should earn them.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

Around the Network
*~Onna76~* said:
gebx said:
Magnific0 said:

Thanks Namco!

@Magnific... I'll take those words back, lets start hitting, shall we... @Soriku, not a fair chance, or else you have a lot of catching up to do @Kazs... Sony has said it themselves and I quote: We don't buy exclusive titles, we believe we should earn them.

That is a sarcasm joke and you don't really believe that right?...... right?

*~Onna76~* said:
gebx said:
Magnific0 said:

Thanks Namco!

@Magnific... I'll take those words back, lets start hitting, shall we... @Soriku, not a fair chance, or else you have a lot of catching up to do

@Kazs... Sony has said it themselves and I quote: We don't buy exclusive titles, we believe we should earn them.

Yeah... by that they mean they don't directly buy them.   Instead they give out deals when it comes to things like the SDK, the advertising costs and the production of the games.

Sony basically says "We don't pay people direct cash." 

Besides which, if you go down the list of things sony say and then what they do...  

@Onna

Have you considered that it might actually be time that you go out and buy a 360? All of this coveting of yours is really unhealthy. Perhaps it is time you put that console loyalty to the side, and do what is best for your gaming enjoyment. The reality is that the 360 has more games in the genres you like. Will probably have more throughout the generation. Will get more games sooner if they are to be ported, and Microsoft seems intent on being the strongest on this particular front.

I just cannot imagine that it is actually fun sitting around waiting to play games. When you can actually be playing games. Were you to pick up a 360 right now you would be in RPG heaven for six solid months with just the games released now. Splitting the difference probably wouldn't hurt you given the better pricing of the 360 right now, and the fact that you can pick up older games at a lower price to offset the initial payout on the console.

To be brutally honest I do not see the PS3 ever being a RPG power house. Microsoft was very aggressive, and not only is Nintendo dominating the market in Japan. They even went out and bought themselves a RPG developer. I would say it will be a couple more years before the PS3 even puts together a consistent RPG lineup given that the hardware losses make for less money to secure exclusives.

bbsin said:
gebx said:
Magnific0 said:

Thanks Namco

Of all the comments to reply to... you took that one. Why not defend your claims rather than get into another meaningless fanboy argument?

I try to stay out of arguments whenever possible, and its a PS3 thread, so I didn't want to push my luck... but if you insist!

What claims would you like me to defend?

That the Japanese gamers market is dying? Fine, I should of rephrased that. The Japanese population is getting older, the typical JRPG gamers market is dying and japanese developers need to find a new place to sell their games.

NA is the next best place, and the 360 has the most potential. Look at WRPG's and how they've been successful, why wouldn't Japanese developers try to grab a piece of that pie?

Actually, why am I defending my comments and ignore the crap in this thread? I call BS on all of you who say that MS is buying all these timed exclusives. All we have here are a bunch of sour puss PS3 fanboys screaming foul because they're not getting games. "MS is money hatting all these exclusives", "MS is paying Gametrailers for favorible reviews", "CNET is owned by MS".. blah blah blah blah... stop whinning!

The PS3 userbase sucks balls compared to what it costs to develop the game... its not that hard to understand.

Bah.. now I'll just wait for a warning, or ban...

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

bbsin said:
Omac said:
How do we know Microsoft paid for Namco to put software on Xbox. Namco has always supported Xbox.

B/c it's obvious? It's not the point that Namco is supporting the Xbox, they've supported MS in the past, it's the point that they are EXCLUSIVELY supporting the Xbox on many Japanese catered games. As Gebx said, many Japanese publsihers are trying to branch out, this is very much true and the 360 is a great vehicle to western gamers. BUT with that being said, it still doesn't warrent almost completely ignoring their main audience, games like Idol Master (which has NO western appeal) reinforces this. Besides the possible fact that some of their studios might be really behind on PS3 coding to where PS3 games are impossible(which i doubt), a contract is the only explaination for not going multiplatform. Constricting yourself to one console that is completely irrelevent in Japan only to attempt to raise credibility in other regions is NOT "branching out", it's called "starting over".

@Gebx: Don't start a fire.

I call BS.  Show me a link or records of Microsoft paying off Namco for there support.

*Edit* I would like to think Namco may be making games for 360 because it's a great system to support and develop for.