By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Tales of Vesperia PS3 Confirmed in '08

CAL4M1TY said:
It's funny, when a PS3 exclusive becomes multiplatform, Microsoft must have paid them off. When a 360 exclusive becomes multiplatform, Microsoft paying them off must have failed.

Perhaps Sony failed to pay enough to keep their exclusive from going multiplatform and Sony paid for the 360 exclusive to go multiplatform...?

I'm glad I'm not the only one who's noticed this.

Around the Network
Dodece said:
@Onna

Have you considered that it might actually be time that you go out and buy a 360? All of this coveting of yours is really unhealthy. Perhaps it is time you put that console loyalty to the side, and do what is best for your gaming enjoyment. The reality is that the 360 has more games in the genres you like. Will probably have more throughout the generation. Will get more games sooner if they are to be ported, and Microsoft seems intent on being the strongest on this particular front.

I just cannot imagine that it is actually fun sitting around waiting to play games. When you can actually be playing games. Were you to pick up a 360 right now you would be in RPG heaven for six solid months with just the games released now. Splitting the difference probably wouldn't hurt you given the better pricing of the 360 right now, and the fact that you can pick up older games at a lower price to offset the initial payout on the console.

To be brutally honest I do not see the PS3 ever being a RPG power house. Microsoft was very aggressive, and not only is Nintendo dominating the market in Japan. They even went out and bought themselves a RPG developer. I would say it will be a couple more years before the PS3 even puts together a consistent RPG lineup given that the hardware losses make for less money to secure exclusives.

B 2009 (so no ,no two years from now) the PS3 will have in the market Disgaea 3 ,Final Fantasy XIII ,Eternal Sonata ,Valkyrie Chronicles ,White Knight Story (scheduled for this fiscal year) ,X-Cross ,Tears to Tiara (ok ,not a great game) and probably Tales of Vesperia.By then it will already have a better RPG library that the 360.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
ckmlb said:
According to the release schedule of Namco games on Bandainamco.co.jp (The official Japanese Namco site). The list is for '08 releases and it is in Japanese. So another timed exclusive that MS moneyhatted Namco for (like Eternal Sonata, Ace Combat 6).

Namco came out today and said it was a mistake and a 360 game only. I doubt that's true, tbh, but they gotta stay quite about timed exclusivity.

Yes ,thats exactly what happened with Eternal Sonata.Namco hinted ,then MS said them something and we had right to months of Namco denying everything until they made the official announcement.

Who cares when, we are still gonna get on the PS3...

Diomedes1976 said:
Dodece said:
@Onna

Have you considered that it might actually be time that you go out and buy a 360? All of this coveting of yours is really unhealthy. Perhaps it is time you put that console loyalty to the side, and do what is best for your gaming enjoyment. The reality is that the 360 has more games in the genres you like. Will probably have more throughout the generation. Will get more games sooner if they are to be ported, and Microsoft seems intent on being the strongest on this particular front.

I just cannot imagine that it is actually fun sitting around waiting to play games. When you can actually be playing games. Were you to pick up a 360 right now you would be in RPG heaven for six solid months with just the games released now. Splitting the difference probably wouldn't hurt you given the better pricing of the 360 right now, and the fact that you can pick up older games at a lower price to offset the initial payout on the console.

To be brutally honest I do not see the PS3 ever being a RPG power house. Microsoft was very aggressive, and not only is Nintendo dominating the market in Japan. They even went out and bought themselves a RPG developer. I would say it will be a couple more years before the PS3 even puts together a consistent RPG lineup given that the hardware losses make for less money to secure exclusives.

B 2009 (so no ,no two years from now) the PS3 will have in the market Disgaea 3 ,Final Fantasy XIII ,Eternal Sonata ,Valkyrie Chronicles ,White Knight Story (scheduled for this fiscal year) ,X-Cross ,Tears to Tiara (ok ,not a great game) and probably Tales of Vesperia.By then it will already have a better RPG library that the 360.

Of those, the only exclusives that will be available worldwide are Disgaea 3, Valkyria Chronicles, and White Knight Story, as you can bet your last gold piece (lulz) that Cross Edge and Tears to Tiara will never see a release outside of Japan. FFXIII in 2009 is also pretty unlikely, at least - once again - outside of Japan.

Around the Network

What the hell.... What's with the ancient thread?

bbsin said:
Heck, We don't even know if ES will hit Europe or the US for the PS3. I wonder if it has to do with a contract they made with MS or the possibility that the certain studio that's making those RPG games just sucks at coding for the PS3. Another possibility is that the people at Namco Bandai don't think they could sell any units on the PS3, but that would only contradict the fact that Naruto and Tekken are PS3 exclusives.

Yes we know,it was announced at E3 it would come to both EU and US.

y-koron said:

Looking the fatal financial health of Sega, Namco's choice can be said "actual and reasonable."

Generally Japanese Game publisher is financially unstable, still major companies (except Nintendo). So the challenge for PS3 has the meanings as all-or-nothing gamble for them.

In contrast, if they release their game for Xbox360 exclusively,companies can get

* Development supports

* Supports of development cost

So, in Japan, the payout point of games for Xbox360 is extremely low compared with other consoles.

That is why, for the publishers, exclusive release for Xbox360 means "low sales number, but gain the profit."

Additionally, Namco is most successful company in the download contents. So they make full use of their know-how in other games.

As a results, for gaming users, Namco's decision is a subject for complaint. But from the sight of managements, their choice may be "reasonable."

(FWIW, there is a rumor that some third makers forecast to release their line-up for Xbox360.)

According to Sega financial data ,their problem lies right now in the Pachinko machines ,not in the game department that is the only one growing.

As for the difficulty to develop for PS3 ...they have already the PhyreEngine that allows to port directly from PC ,the Unreal Engine 3 is optimized by Epic themselves for the PS3 (that was a big problem last year) and the Playstation Edge kits are in the developers hand since at least august/september last year.

The IdolMaster was recently announced for PSP too.

And one more thing ,Singstar hasnt been released ever in Japan .....its sounds absolutely mad but thats the way it is.

why do people think microsoft pays for exclusives? i mean nintendo must be pretty rich now but nobody accuses the of paying for exclusives

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Tease.