By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Belief in God 'childish,' Jews not chosen people: Einstein letter

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080513/wl_uk_afp/britainreligionsciencejewseinstein;_ylt=AvWo99oVXpa7jrojnKfObhMDW7oF

"....LONDON (AFP) - Albert Einstein described belief in God as "childish superstition" and said Jews were not the chosen people, in a letter to be sold in London this week, an auctioneer said Tuesday.

The father of relativity, whose previously known views on religion have been more ambivalent and fuelled much discussion, made the comments in response to a philosopher in 1954.

As a Jew himself, Einstein said he had a great affinity with Jewish people but said they "have no different quality for me than all other people"...."

Around the Network

This could get nasty. Duck and cover people.

Indeed. Please debate with severe civility. Walk on eggshells people.

most intresting, thats all im gonna say.

luinil said:
Indeed. Please debate with severe civility. Walk on eggshells people.

AH HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Yeah right.

Around the Network

well... there is always the report feature...

luinil said:
well... there is always the report feature...

Hey I just posted because I thought it was interesting. No need to get me in trouble. Better then your usual paris hilton story. 

I am not going to do anything to you edge, unless you make remarks that are completely out of place and are just problematic. You have done nothing wrong. But this topic can bring up bad feelings and many other negatives things. So you are just fine, and I wasn't thinking about reporting you.

Oh dear...

All I can say is thanks to the Mod who banned Etech7 otherwise he would be spammeing this thread no-end.

That proves it! There is no God.