By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Banjo Kazooie - Nuts and Bolts Trailer!!!!!!!!

I'm not saying it won't be good.
I'm just saying it doesn't look like what Banjo fans were looking for.

Quote from Game Life's hands-on:

"But the vehicle building eclipses anything else they could say [about innovation in the game]. It's such an enormous, game-shifting change that the whole thing will clearly stand or fall on its strength or weakness."

Around the Network
ToastyJaguar said:
This game looks awesome!
After some of the comments already here, i hope this game gets high reviews to shut you all up:)

AND don't judge a game that isn't even out yet duh.
Rare have said do not judge the game until it is released.

If we can't say it looks crap, you can't say it looks awesome. That sound fair to you?

Shameless said:
ToastyJaguar said:
This game looks awesome!
After some of the comments already here, i hope this game gets high reviews to shut you all up:)

AND don't judge a game that isn't even out yet duh.
Rare have said do not judge the game until it is released.

If we can't say it looks crap, you can't say it looks awesome. That sound fair to you?

What looks like crap? Visually it looks better than any wii game ever made. Gameplay looks pretty easy to follow and fun... It looks like it will be funny and have a sense of humor...

The only crap thing I can think of is that its nothing like old Banjo...but is that such a bad thing?

disolitude said:
BenKenobi88 said:
Ari_Gold said:
The_vagabond7 said:
....That is....terrible. So much potential wasted...they turned one of the best platformers of the N64 generation into a Twisted metal/GTA/mariokart game. I was so frikkin pumped for this, and now I have lost about 90% of my interest in it. What the hell was that?

The end is just sad too. It reeks of the old Crash Bandicoot commercials. Many have come and tried to dethrone Mario, and all have failed and turned into 3rd rate stars (crash, spyro, Sonic). Looking at this video, I don't think Mario has much competition.

I guess you've already played the game..... or basically just have bad eyesight... the game is a platformer with lego vechicles, and the art and physics look so fuckin unbelieavable. Vechicles are used to reach hard to get jigsaws, or you could just play like the old banjo games if you want.

This thread is about banjo, so thanks for derailing the thread with stupid fanboyish comments.

No, I think they made it clear that this game has more of a focus on vehicles than platforming. And that sucks. The game might turn out well...but it's already not what I wanted.

Don't tell us what we can't like...sure we haven't seen enough to judge the finished game, but already they've pissed off tons of fans that wanted just more of the Banjo Kazooie platforming we love. That's not our fault.

Yeah, they should have done what nintendo does. Remake the same game over and over and upgrade graphics and backgrounds... Shame on you Rare for trying something different.

I personally didn't care much for Banjo before but now this looks like a must play as it looks like it won't be the same 3D platformer we've all been playing since Mario 64.

Uh, there were only 2 Banjo Kazooie games on the N64. They completely skipped the last generation.

I don't think most would have minded another traditional Banjo platformer...in fact I'm pretty sure that's what near everybody did want.

Different =/= better. Maybe an awesome, expanded platformer, similar to how SMG did it, would be AMAZING. They could have huge worlds, plenty of new moves, whatever...they could have added these vehicles on the side even.

Nobody wanted something different, that's the point. We wanted the Banjo we loved only bigger and better. This looks more like a spin-off if anything.

To be fair I never thought the game would turn out well anyway. The weird character models, hints at a strange gameplay mechanic, and Rare's sparkling reputation tipped me off long ago.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Nice shot

End of 2011 (made 02/01/11) 
Wii: 99.453 m
Xbox 360: 67.837 m 
Ps 3: 60.726 m

Best Games/Serie of the Generation

Around the Network
DonWii said:

Yeah, that's what kind of rubs me the wrong way. It's looks very interesting, but it doesn't seem like it really has all that much to do with Banjo-Kazooie. Like you can replace all the BK characters and it wouldn't really matter. Artstyle seems more rigid now, maybe to flow better with the dominant vehicle theme. Just seems like if this what they've been doing maybe it shouldn't have been called Banjo-Threeie. Just a thought.

BenKenobi88 said:
disolitude said:
BenKenobi88 said:
Ari_Gold said:

Yeah, they should have done what nintendo does. Remake the same game over and over and upgrade graphics and backgrounds... Shame on you Rare for trying something different.

I personally didn't care much for Banjo before but now this looks like a must play as it looks like it won't be the same 3D platformer we've all been playing since Mario 64.

Uh, there were only 2 Banjo Kazooie games on the N64. They completely skipped the last generation.

I don't think most would have minded another traditional Banjo platformer...in fact I'm pretty sure that's what near everybody did want.

Different =/= better. Maybe an awesome, expanded platformer, similar to how SMG did it, would be AMAZING. They could have huge worlds, plenty of new moves, whatever...they could have added these vehicles on the side even.

Nobody wanted something different, that's the point. We wanted the Banjo we loved only bigger and better. This looks more like a spin-off if anything.

To be fair I never thought the game would turn out well anyway. The weird character models, hints at a strange gameplay mechanic, and Rare's sparkling reputation tipped me off long ago.

Forgive me in asking this as I don't really follow the trends for platformers...but arent standard platformers on their last legs at this point? Mario sells...but rest have died off like cows in a lightning storm.

While you say that nobody wanted a spin-off...I wasn't even considering this game as I thought exactly what you did. I'll be hoping around...shooting fruits at things and have cheesy plot to follow...

After seeing the preview I've realized that some thought has gone in to this game to expand the known platformer and that it may have the freedom I need to have a good gaming experience these days. So I wouldn't say nobody wanted this...except maybe the die hard fans of the old game.

Whats the deal with the 8 bit mario clone in the game? He is at 1:47

BrainBoxLtd said:
DonWii said:

Yeah, that's what kind of rubs me the wrong way. It's looks very interesting, but it doesn't seem like it really has all that much to do with Banjo-Kazooie. Like you can replace all the BK characters and it wouldn't really matter. Artstyle seems more rigid now, maybe to flow better with the dominant vehicle theme. Just seems like if this what they've been doing maybe it shouldn't have been called Banjo-Threeie. Just a thought.

Did Resident Evil 4 turn out so bad...after it pissed on everything Resident Evil games were about?

disolitude said:
BenKenobi88 said:
disolitude said:
BenKenobi88 said:
Ari_Gold said:

Forgive me in asking this as I don't really follow the trends for platformers...but arent standard platformers on their last legs at this point? Mario sells...but rest have died off like cows in a lightning storm.

While you say that nobody wanted a spin-off...I wasn't even considering this game as I thought exactly what you did. I'll be hoping around...shooting fruits at things and have cheesy plot to follow...

After seeing the preview I've realized that some thought has gone in to this game to expand the known platformer and that it may have the freedom I need to have a good gaming experience these days. So I wouldn't say nobody wanted this...except maybe the die hard fans of the old game.

That's just like...your opinion, man.  I think we need a poll here or somewhere, because I think a large majority of people who at least PLAYED the original, don't have to be die-hard fans, would have preferred a genuine platformer sequel.

Platformers are on their last legs?  Oh yeah, that's because all the recent platformers suck other than the big-names.  Developers aren't developing platformers because they're lazy, because platformers require huge, creative, unique levels, and the more levels the better.  Platformers aren't as popular simply because they stopped making good ones.  This game could have been an awesome new platformer as well as a homage to the old stuff (as Rare likes to do anyway, because that's all they can do to remember how great they once were).

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )