By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Banjo Kazooie - Nuts and Bolts Trailer!!!!!!!!

Well eeeeexcuuuuuuse me princess, Apparently you've got better eyesight than me seeing as how you determined exactly what capacity the vehicles are being used for, and that they are in fact largely unnecessary if you don't like them, from the video that is 95% vehicle combat and RACING footage. And unfortunately, art and physics don't in themself make a good game.

I planned on buying this day one, and am a HUGE Banjo-kazooie fan, so put away your fan-boy label gun. This is just a crappy turn for the franchise, and looking at the topic, alot of people agree with me.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Around the Network

Well... at least Patches is back.

Other than that... I dunno. I'm a little disappointed to see that only 1/15 of the video was actual platforming, but who knows? I'll wait to see what becomes of the bear and bird duo. Looked gorgeous though, good to know that Rare can create some beautiful and colorful worlds. Also, minus points for calling this game "Nuts and Bolts"... it's "Banjo-Threeie" I tell ya!

So in the end I went from "ZOMG Banjo-Threeie Get!" to "We'll wait and see what becomes of 'Nuts and Bolts'".

As we can see, they have tried to do something that would reach out to the 360's demographic. It seems to have very little in common with what the franchise was in the N64 days.

To me, Rare has lost all hope of ever returning to their former glory.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

Gamespot has a hands-on that is pretty positive:

http://www.gamespot.com/n64/action/banjotooie/news.html?sid=6190499

Worth a read.  After hearing about the customization options it sounds like it could be very fun.  I've enjoyed the Rare 360 games so far (well PDZ was rushed garbage) and this looks like it could be a solid experience.  I'm not going to write it off from the trailer and not knowing how the game plays.  Rare said months ago that the game wasn't going to be a traditional platformer so I'm thinking that whoever hoped for that was just setting themselves up for disappointment. 

Completed X360:
High Def Movie Collection

The video is in youtube too:

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989

Around the Network

And there goes all hope I had for the game............

That was pretty cool,vehicles ain't so bad.

This game looks awesome!
After some of the comments already here, i hope this game gets high reviews to shut you all up:)

AND don't judge a game that isn't even out yet duh.
Rare have said do not judge the game until it is released.

ugh, not what i wanted at all. It might end up being a good game, but for banjo fans it doesn't make sense. I know they want to reach the 360 userbase, but what 360 really needs to make the system more rounded is a traditional platformer, not some vehicle blow up fighting action mania game. Stuff like this gives me little hope that the 360's demographics will change.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

BenKenobi88 said:
Ari_Gold said:
The_vagabond7 said:
....That is....terrible. So much potential wasted...they turned one of the best platformers of the N64 generation into a Twisted metal/GTA/mariokart game. I was so frikkin pumped for this, and now I have lost about 90% of my interest in it. What the hell was that?

The end is just sad too. It reeks of the old Crash Bandicoot commercials. Many have come and tried to dethrone Mario, and all have failed and turned into 3rd rate stars (crash, spyro, Sonic). Looking at this video, I don't think Mario has much competition.

I guess you've already played the game..... or basically just have bad eyesight... the game is a platformer with lego vechicles, and the art and physics look so fuckin unbelieavable. Vechicles are used to reach hard to get jigsaws, or you could just play like the old banjo games if you want.

This thread is about banjo, so thanks for derailing the thread with stupid fanboyish comments.

No, I think they made it clear that this game has more of a focus on vehicles than platforming.  And that sucks.  The game might turn out well...but it's already not what I wanted. 

Don't tell us what we can't like...sure we haven't seen enough to judge the finished game, but already they've pissed off tons of fans that wanted just more of the Banjo Kazooie platforming we love.  That's not our fault.

Yeah, they should have done what nintendo does. Remake the same game over and over and upgrade graphics and backgrounds... Shame on you Rare for trying something different.

I personally didn't care much for Banjo before but now this looks like a must play as it looks like it won't be the same 3D platformer we've all been playing since Mario 64.