By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - MGS4 - SALES Prediction Thread -- HW & SW

So 1 MONTH TO GO!!

And with the first review (OPM) being a 10/10 things are looking good...actually great.

Now to the important part....

I want to know your prediction for MGS4 SW -- Region by Region & PS3 HW in the same week region by region..

As this is the first "BIG" Exclusive PS3 game..

Here goes:

MGS4 - SW:

NA --- 450K       

EU --- 700K

JAP --- 250K

TOTAL --- 1. 4 Million

___________-

PS3 HW: 

NA --- 120K      (GTA IV boost was 150K........Normal HW was 60 - 80K)

EU --- 150K       (GTA IV boost was 198K..........Normal HW was 70 - 100K)

JAP --- 35K       (Dynasty Warrior 6 boost was 50K BUT with a price drop.....Normal HW was 7 - 11K)

TOTAL --- 305K

Now YOUR Predictions Please??

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

I think it will be 1m SW and 250k HW first week for worldwide. No idea for regional splits though, so I wont blindly guess.

EaglesEye379 said:
I think it will be 1m SW and 250k HW first week for worldwide. No idea for regional splits though, so I wont blindly guess.

the same here!!!

hmmm interesting

I forgot to add in GT 5 : P week PS3 HW reached 200K...

SW:

Jap: 325k (MGS2+3 both launched closer to 500k but with much larger userbase)

NA: 675k (massive hype plus bundled with return of 80gig SKU)

Others: 600k

Total: 1.6million

HW:

Jap: 55k *Edited after original post

NA: 160k

Others: 145k

Total : 360k

In Japan apparently there are a few MGS4 bundles with different colors so I see a pretty decent boost at first but it'll crash hard I think and go back down to under 20k. As far as NA I know at first at seems ridiculous that MGS4 has more of a boost than GTA but with the bundle, especially it being a BC SKU with a DS I could see such a boost. Not sure what the longterm effect will be in the Americas though. Europe's boost I see being less since AFAIK the MGS4 bundle is a 40gb with a sixaxis.

I know my HW numbers may seem high but I'm guessing in NA especially many are waiting for the bundle since it comes with the BC SKU. SW-wise I'm guessing it'll be that high as many people who haven't played the earlier games seem to be getting in to it. The only problem is that MGS is a "unique" for the lack of a better word franchise that may not appeal to everybody. I remember a letter in GI a few months back where somebody complained that Mass Effect was too slow and not as action packed as Halo. I think there could be a similar situation here where many people expect a certain type of game and get disappointed.

Around the Network

Well here goes, types whilst feeling nervous. random guess lol

MGS software

NA=

Sorry dont know lol cant do it would just be guessing.

WW=1.6 million edited lol more closer to 2 million.

dont ask why i changed it, i just feel that peole have been waiting for this game for so long that they will just want to have it, plus this game is the main reason why most of the people i know who has a ps3 has got one.

PS3 Hardware

NA= 140
EU= 250
JP = 85

Wild i know but thats what i think lol

First week of MGS 4. SW= 2 million copies of MGS 4 sold.
HW = 500k sold worldwide for the week.

Take your predictions and add +1...cause I'm buying one :)

SW - 1.8 - 2 million

HW - 500,000 - 600,000

Pretty optimistic for this one particular game.

cool predictions so far