By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Crystal Bearers

Soriku said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
Soriku said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
dib8rman said:
Um, one thing has been puzzling me about FFCC series with this installation...

Since when did the CC universe have flying boats!?

I thought that was all in the main FF series, FFCC is supposed to be more village life / adventure ish.

The DS game didn't having flying ships, the game cube had carriges... it just seems wierd that flying ships just magically made an appearance in the CC universe.

Well magic exists in that world. Perhaps, there is an arial civilization, that lives above the miasma.

But the miasma is gone now. Maybe advances in technology? Who knows how many years this takes after FFCC. Either way, I like this style better than the old FFCC. And it's not like the "old school" FFs didn't have airships, right? It'll be fantasy still.

Well what if it took place before it faded? That was what I was wondering.

They said it takes place after the first FFCC.

@memory

This FFCC is the biggest one. They'd want to finish the lesser ones before working on this one so they have no draw backs and put all their effort on this.
Maybe they find the renments of an ancient civilizations air ship. This has been done before in almost every final fantasy game. There is an ancient civilization that was technologically advanced, and built many things. They ended up destroying theirselves with magic, crystals, etc. I could see this or technological advancement as reasons for the airships.

Around the Network

The air ships tied into the FFT story which was actually tied into the FF9 story, that's my point if you go back far enough, the closest you can get to the origins of them is FF9, FF6 seemed to have the concept of flying ships as far as time line goes after FFT, granted I'm just observing the flow of time as far as the time ships goes.

Their is no real link between the FF's other than a few randoms like Cid and Cloud.

But the CC universe had nothing to do with main FF in anyway - now that they have ships it's like tieing it into the main FF universe.

All I hope is this one doesn't just toss summons and aeons at you without some kind of explanation.

The only other thing I've noticed is that I read the main guy could fly and that the game dealt in combat a lot around that aspect, but in the trailer combat looked Kingdom Heart's style but dulled down on combos and stuff.

I guess they abandoned inside gyroscope combat?

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Yeah, the game looks pretty great from that trailer. SE are pretty tight lipped about their games until the next one is lined up to come out, from a marketing standpoint, or so says IGN.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

dib8rman said:
It would be nice if they dedicated 1 disc to the single player game and the other to multiplayer, if the first one is dual layered, then I know this game will be epic XD.

From what we know (unless s-e have since changed their minds on the matter) Crystal bearers isn't going to have a multiplayer mode. Which is the only thing I can think of that disappoints me at the moment, seeing as the original game was made around being MP, and now we wouldn't have had to have 4 GBA's/Links to enjoy the game. 

ZenfoldorVGI said:

Yeah, the game looks pretty great from that trailer. SE are pretty tight lipped about their games until the next one is lined up to come out, from a marketing standpoint, or so says IGN.

They also said that the game has one 1:1 combat.

So, IGN had a little bit to say about TCB in their podcast.

Q: Crystal Bearers news ?
A: If its not at E3, we won't see it this year. Trickled news that there has been some problems

):

Around the Network

FUCKING BUMP!

This is the problem with showing your games off 2-3 years before release. They probably don't have any work done on it other than the plot, and that they do want to make one. I wouldn't be surprised to see this game after FFXIII release.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

nordlead said:
This is the problem with showing your games off 2-3 years before release. They probably don't have any work done on it other than the plot, and that they do want to make one. I wouldn't be surprised to see this game after FFXIII release.

Why wouldn't they have work on the actual game? THe crystal chronicles team has been free ever since FFCC:RoF was released. Also I expect it to be released around the same time as FFXIII.

The game is possibly cancelled. It had a great concept, much like Project H.A.M.M.E.R.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

trestres said:
The game is possibly cancelled. It had a great concept, much like Project H.A.M.M.E.R.

What?  It's a Final Fantasy game...it's a bit more than a concept...

SE is always like this with their games...how much gameplay have you seen of FFXIII?  Oh, right, like 10 seconds maybe?

Sure, it's possibly cancelled...but I see no reason why they wouldn't come out and say it's cancelled.  I'm guessing they're just delaying and working slowly on it.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )