By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii, Xbox 360 sales gain, PS3 stable on Ebay

http://news.punchjump.com/article.php?id=4267

Portion of article follows:

The Wii video game console held a 15 percent increase in sales, up from 11 percent the week prior. It remains the No. 1 most popular video game offering on Ebay, carrying an average sale price of $353.78.

The Xbox 360 premium console held the largest sales gain for the week at a 19 percent increase, up from a 15 percent increase one week ago. It ranks at No. 2 and holds an average sale price of $333.29.

Lastly, the PS3 held a modest sales increase of five percent, down from a six percent increase the week prior. It carries an average sale price of $544.61.

Around the Network

I don't understand why anyone would even want to buy a 360 or a PS3 on ebay. The Wii I can understand at least as its ridiculously hard to find one.

Looks like the PS3 is selling at below retail more often then not, so I can understand that... I think XBOX's new model is still somewhat hard to find.

Oh yeah, I keep forgetting about the Elite. I guess that makes sense now. The reason for the PS3 I think selling at a lower price is because so many people picked one up launch day in hopes of doubling or tripling the damage they spent on it, and when they didn't sell decided to just use it instead and are realizing they don't want it anymore.

Once the supply issues settle down with the Wii settle down, the ebay figures will probably be one of the best ways to see how satisfied people are with their consoles, because Ebay is often used to seel things people dont's need/want, so if for instance there aren't many Wiis on Ebay, that'll show it isn't a fad, and people enjoy playing on them over an extended period of time.

One person's experience or opinion never shows the general consensus

PSN ID: Tispower

MSN: tispower1@hotmail.co.uk

Around the Network
windowview said:
I don't understand why anyone would even want to buy a 360 or a PS3 on ebay. The Wii I can understand at least as its ridiculously hard to find one.

Well i bough my 360 premium for 250€ instead of 400€ - thats why i chose ebay.

Tispower said:
Once the supply issues settle down with the Wii settle down, the ebay figures will probably be one of the best ways to see how satisfied people are with their consoles, because Ebay is often used to seel things people dont's need/want, so if for instance there aren't many Wiis on Ebay, that'll show it isn't a fad, and people enjoy playing on them over an extended period of time.

Eh, there will always be plenty of people selling it because there are millions of systems out there.  The real test is if sales numbers continue to be strong, games/accessories sell well for it, etc. 

In Memoriam RVW Jr.

SSBB Friend Code = 5455-9050-8670 (PM me if you add so I can add you!) 

Tetris Party Friend Code = 116129046416 (ditto)

I just bought an Atari 5200 off of eBay.

So by almost everyones logic on here, selling on Ebay means that people dont want it anymore....SOOO the PS3 would be in th e#1 spot for consoles people want to keep. The Wii keeps climbing in Ebay sales because people are getting rid of them, as with the 360, and the only console that dropped in Ebay sales was the PS3....so people must be keeping there consoles. It funny how on one hand people say "Oh look the PS3 has dropped in sales" then say "people just bought it in the beggining to turn a profit then kept it but are now selling it cause they dont want it". I think this site is worse than Gamespot for PS3 bashing.

No matter what happens, fan boys will always find a way to change the way the Universe works, just to make it appear that a certain console is better than the rest. When will they ever learn?