By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii, Xbox 360 sales gain, PS3 stable on Ebay

Wii keeps climbing in sales.. because people are getting rid of them? Buahahaha... riiiiight. (Not saying there aren't some people dissatisified with it, but to think this is the majority is rather foolish.)

A hot market item, that is in big demand (regardless of your opinions of it) at a good entry level price, and there's no chance at all that people are... I dunno, buying them up in masse and selling them for a PROFIT on Ebay? I mean, I think that's what people do on eBay right... sell things to make money?

People are probably going to eBay for PS3s in hopes they can find a deal on them. If you live out somewhere where there's perhaps only one big chain store, and they have a set, dead 600+tax price... and you have the internet, why would you NOT look for deals? On eBay, people do buy things in quantity for lower prices than what you pay retailers, and they do try to sell those things for a profit.

Edit - Added the ( )'s stuff. 

Around the Network

@darendt, I guess I agree with you then

One person's experience or opinion never shows the general consensus

PSN ID: Tispower

MSN: tispower1@hotmail.co.uk

ebay prices give some indication of Wii's demand while it is sold out. If the typical ebay price hits $250 then supply and demand are about the same.

agreed^^^

my pillars of gaming: kh, naughty dog, insomniac, ssb, gow, ff

i officially boycott boycotts.  crap.

a.l.e.x59 said:
No matter what happens, fan boys will always find a way to change the way the Universe works, just to make it appear that a certain console is better than the rest. When will they ever learn?

my post was to this one.

Around the Network

but in all seriousness. i could make some good money cause i have a gamestop near me with like 6 or more wii's.

Anyone else find it interesting that the Wii is selling at a higher average price than the 360 Premium? This may be somewhat misleading if most Wii sales are new in the box, and most 360 sales are used, but it's interesting nonetheless.

There are 2 main reasons why people sell their stuff on eBay. 1. To make money. If you have a rare item that can be sold for a profit, then you can get that profit on eBay, clearly this is the case with the Wii atm. 2. They no longer want/need the product. This one could be for many reasons. A) They're dissatisfied with the product-if you bought something and it didn't turn out as good as it was made out to be, and it cannot be returned, then you could sell it on eBay, that way you minimise your losses as much as possible. B) An unwanted Christmas/Birthday present, this one is pretty obvious. C) If you have a newer version of the product, so if you bought a new phone, then you might sell your old one because it is no longer needed, and so effectively reduces the cost of the new one. So any neext-gen console being sold on eBay is not going to be effected by 2C, but by 1, 2A and 2B. Once the Wiis demand is met, thenthe three consoles ebay's sales will only be affected by reasons 2A and 2B. Therefore whichever console is highest in sales on eBay, is theoretically going to be the most dissatisfying.

One person's experience or opinion never shows the general consensus

PSN ID: Tispower

MSN: tispower1@hotmail.co.uk

darendt said:
So by almost everyones logic on here, selling on Ebay means that people dont want it anymore....SOOO the PS3 would be in th e#1 spot for consoles people want to keep. The Wii keeps climbing in Ebay sales because people are getting rid of them, as with the 360, and the only console that dropped in Ebay sales was the PS3....so people must be keeping there consoles. It funny how on one hand people say "Oh look the PS3 has dropped in sales" then say "people just bought it in the beggining to turn a profit then kept it but are now selling it cause they dont want it". I think this site is worse than Gamespot for PS3 bashing.

You can´t bash the PS3 with facts, here in Germany the PS3 goes for about 550 euros as well, did I just bash the PS3 ??? all this pice states is that most people are not willing to pay the full price for it and that there isn´t enough demand to push the price up, yes some poeple here do bash the PS3 but if you get upset about facts you are basically putting an a PS3 shirt and screaming "bash me, bash me", anyway this is good news for PS3 fans, the price cut came early, who cares what other people say, let them have their fun, for me this only shows how well the PS3 could be doing had it been priced lower, and how well it might do when this happens.

the wii is only higher because it is rare in some places. if you could find one (ps3 and elite) than you couldnt sell it for higher than you paid. wii being high just means it is still hard to find. it doesnt mean anything else.